Boyd Rejects Trabzonspor !

DavieMacRFC

But he rarely gets the chance.

With Aaron, he hardly got the chance and people said: "Well Smith sees him every day, so he must not be good enough."

Exactly the same with Boyd re the Champions League. Smith sees him every day and must not class him as good enough to be a CL striker.

Different situation, Aaron was training against SPL players everyday in reserve matches and that, Boyd isn't playing against European teams everyday (well you could claim we are one ourselves, but you know what i mean, players that aren't his team mates.).

IMO i just think he should get at least 20 minutes at the end of some games in the CL this season.

Meh, one rule for Boyd and one for the other then.

Smith clearly doesn't think Boyd's good enough for the CL. There can be no argument of that.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, but he needs to be given the chances. He played twice last year in OF games, one was an average performance, the other was as some on here claimed 'his best performance in a rangers shirt'.

I don't see why he shouldn't play against the Tims this season.

In both games he had clear cut chances and in both games he blew them.

If Miller had missed those chances no one would have said he should be dropped.

He can't put them all away.

Yes they would have.

I really don't think they would have.

Every other striker misses chances and every other striker has days where nothing goes right, but it's brushed off as a "bad day" other than when it's a certain Kris Boyd that does it.

Mate, come on.

Be reasonable.

If Miller misses ANY sort of chance, people are on his back for weeks because of it.

Maybe Miller wasn't the BEST example :pipe::rolleyes:

Nah, I'm not one of those fans who thinks Boyd should be given 90 minutes agaisnt every team, I just think that he needs to be given the opportunity to prove himself this year.

In both games he had clear cut chances and in both games he blew them.

So thats that is it? Two chances, and you don't get to play that game every season ever again?

So we forget about the 'greatest game he's ever had in a rangers shirt' (without scoring), the link up play, his pass that led to miller, who crossed it for the goal etc etc

We just focus on the fact he didn't scored against them in that game? But when it comes to talking negative about Boyd, we claim the opposite...? He might score, but it's just papering over the cracks..

:lol:

The only way Boyd will get even 5 minutes of playing time in the CL is if we are being soundly beaten, or cruising, and thats the way it should be.

And if i hear "Boyd is working on his game..." 1 more time.....

He is working on his game though.. :pipe:

It just seems like you're made out to be weird by some posters if you don't cry tears of anguish at any slight hint that Boyd might be leaving.

I can take him or leave him, yet that stance seems to be alien to some people.

Every other striker misses chances and every other striker has days where nothing goes right, but it's brushed off as a "bad day" other than when it's a certain Kris Boyd that does it.

If Kenny Miller was put clean through one on one with Boruc and missed people would be calling for his head calling him Mhisser, etc, etc.

The main argument that "the haters" have against Kris Boyd is that he can't do it against better opposition.

The lovers say he doesn't get a chance to prove it, but I've pointed out two clear chances he did have and he blew them both.

Doing it in the biggest games is what seperates the men from the boys and I'm not restricting that opinion to Kris Boyd.

The chances he missed against Celtic last year should be bread and butter to a guy who can stroke them away as easily as Boyd does against everybody else.

I don't think one goal in the CL would make any difference to me.

Three or four solid performances where he doesn't look out of place would change my mind, but as McCormack and Adam have shown, random goals in the CL made no difference to them.

If Kenny Miller was put clean through one on one with Boruc and missed people would be calling for his head calling him Mhisser, etc, etc.

The main argument that "the haters" have against Kris Boyd is that he can't do it against better opposition.

The lovers say he doesn't get a chance to prove it, but I've pointed out two clear chances he did have and he blew them both.

Doing it in the biggest games is what seperates the men from the boys and I'm not restricting that opinion to Kris Boyd.

The chances he missed against Celtic last year should be bread and butter to a guy who can stroke them away as easily as Boyd does against everybody else.

Boyd scores against the big teams in my Fifa all the time :cool:

And although you've made some fair points there, I think that the other forwards are given a lot more than 2 chances..

It just seems like you're made out to be weird by some posters if you don't cry tears of anguish at any slight hint that Boyd might be leaving.

I can take him or leave him, yet that stance seems to be alien to some people.

i hear where you are coming from papa but some posters on here play at the fact that boyd doesn't contribute much in the "big" games way too much and still turn their backs on a man who has done so much for the club we all love, fuck me jeff winter summed it up forme when he said "if this lad could play football aswel as score goals there would be no stopping him" but he did add "its goals that win you games".

Don't know what to make of this.

I think that he's either got no ambition to test himself in a harder league, or he's not had a big enough offer from Trabzonspor.

Lack of ambition possibly, but would you move? Playing at the club you love where all your mates are seems like a cushty wee number to me, and you'd need to put yourself in his position before slating him for wanting to stay.

The club - not Kris Boyd - are playing financial Russian roulette here. Again, the fans have been left in the dark having to guess what's going on. Surely a statement from the club would be sensible here? I can't imagine Boyd's mindset being too good if it gets to May next year and he's still not had an offer.

I applaud him for digging his heels in to stay at the club he supports. However, if it ends up costing us the services of a Mendes, Davis or Bougherra in the next 24 hours I'll be absolutely aperplectic at him for it.

FFS - No ambition - He is playing for Rangers - what higher ambition does he need?

Slated because money isn't everything to him, and yet many players get slated for wanting to leave.

Also if someone else leaves its Boyd's fault! OMG

Why does anyone slate the guy for staying at a club that most of us would pay to play for, if only we were worthy?

You clearly haven't read my post.

I said I could totally understand that and no-one should criticise him for it.

And, if we're really needing the cash, I said I'd rather sell Boyd before I'd sell Mendes, Davis and Bougherra. All three are better and more important players for us.

I see no problem with that.

Er - Your words ?

"I think that he's either got no ambition to test himself in a harder league, or he's not had a big enough offer from Trabzonspor"

"However, if it ends up costing us the services of a Mendes, Davis or Bougherra in the next 24 hours I'll be absolutely aperplectic at him for it"

I read the first statements to say - He has no ambition or is a money grabber and hasn't had a big enough offer. - What size of offer would stop you playing for the club you support? Draw the line for me.

Second statement - if he doesn't leave and someone else leaves (from your list) its his fault!

He scored against all 10 teams and didnt score against septic! bearing in mind he played 2 and came on as a sub in one then its not all bad. Can we please leave the debates ffs! our sqaud will be non exsitent soon and people want to still debate over if he goes will it be good or not? look would you rather have a guy with 30 goals a season in your sqaud or not! HE WILL NOT BE REPLACED NOR WILL A DEFENDER BE BOUGHT WITH THE MONEY, so Rangers will only lose out of this

I don't think one goal in the CL would make any difference to me.

Three or four solid performances where he doesn't look out of place would change my mind, but as McCormack and Adam have shown, random goals in the CL made no difference to them.

I reckon a bit of game time in the CL would only help his game, if he can do what he did against Dundee United in the last game of the season, or the last OF match, he wouldn't look to out of place in our team in one of those games, especially scoring on top of it which will only boost his confidence.

The thing about this debate is, it'll go on forever, if we didn't get fed up with it, we could all sit and point out things FOR and AGAINST Boydy for years.

Like i said earlier, (i've read and been told by older bears) that the support was slightly split over McCoist back in the day, i wonder what an internet forum back then (before he became Super Ally) would say about him.

So you haven't watched Boyd the last few matches? He's got the ball and held up well, alot better than before, his chip to Naisey got us the penalty, which he then scored against Hearts. His fitness has got better and he's working on his game, which is great for him and the team.

Your argument is back from the days where he literally was a 6 yard box man, he's now sitting alot deeper than before and going all for it (the commentator even claimed so against Hamilton).

People complain about Boyd not doing this, not doing that, then wanting him dropped. Why not let him play in the champions league? Even like i said, for 20-30 minutes, and get him doing that against major teams, gaining experience whilst doing it? Doing it in training matches is alot different than against high end opposition.

Your argument is straight out of the "Boyd has really worked on his hold up play and is now better than ever" bullsh*t which regularly gets trotted out at this time of the season and then vanishes into thin air as soon as he has another poor performance. I'm all for Boyd improving his all round game and he should be lauded for it (to the extent that he has) but in no way is he even close to having the general play required to play against a team like Sevilla or Stuttgart when we're on the back foot and struggling for possession - which we will be. It's just blind optimism to believe that we can mould Boyd into that kind of player when he's never shown any potential for it in his career (and is now 26).

What Boyd has done is acquire the basic fundamentals of an SPL forward, but you can't teach someone to have a brilliant first touch, or win everything in the air, or get an extra yard of pace and there's certainly no reason to think that Boyd, as opposed to anyone else, has the potential to acquire these skills. Cousin is a good illustrative example in that he had superior technique and was excellent in the air, yet he still struggled to be a top quality player in Europe because the standard demanded is so high. What chance does Boyd have?

Boyd is a great goalscorer at SPL level and he should be embraced as such. Trying to craft a top class continental target man out of him is just pissing into the wind and will do more harm than good.

I think that he's either got no ambition to test himself in a harder league, or he's not had a big enough offer from Trabzonspor.

Lack of ambition possibly, but would you move? Playing at the club you love where all your mates are seems like a cushty wee number to me, and you'd need to put yourself in his position before slating him for wanting to stay.

The club - not Kris Boyd - are playing financial Russian roulette here. Again, the fans have been left in the dark having to guess what's going on. Surely a statement from the club would be sensible here? I can't imagine Boyd's mindset being too good if it gets to May next year and he's still not had an offer.

I applaud him for digging his heels in to stay at the club he supports. However, if it ends up costing us the services of a Mendes, Davis or Bougherra in the next 24 hours I'll be absolutely aperplectic at him for it.

FFS - No ambition - He is playing for Rangers - what higher ambition does he need?

Slated because money isn't everything to him, and yet many players get slated for wanting to leave.

Why does anyone slate the guy for staying at a club that most of us would pay to play for, if only we were worthy?

And, if we're really needing the cash, I said I'd rather sell Boyd before I'd sell Mendes, Davis and Bougherra. All three are better and more important players for us.

Er - Your words ?

"I think that he's either got no ambition to test himself in a harder league, or he's not had a big enough offer from Trabzonspor"

"However, if it ends up costing us the services of a Mendes, Davis or Bougherra in the next 24 hours I'll be absolutely aperplectic at him for it"

I read the first statements to say - He has no ambition or is a money grabber and hasn't had a big enough offer. - What size of offer would stop you playing for the club you support? Drww the line for me.

Second statement - if he doesn't leave and someone else leaves (from yoyur list) its his fault!

Well it kinda would be if we have to sell someone else to balance the books, eh?

Second statement - if he doesn't leave and someone else leaves (from your list) its his fault!

I did think that one had a slightly 'blackmail' sense to it, or guilt tripping, either way.

IF YOU DON'T LEAVE, AND OUR OTHER GOOD PLAYERS DO, ITS YOUR FAULT.

:lol:

Well it kinda would be if we have to sell someone else to balance the books, eh?

No it'd be the clubs fault for getting in the stupid debt we're in, in the first place.

Maybe we can throw the blame at Murray, or Advocat for spending so much money?

So you haven't watched Boyd the last few matches? He's got the ball and held up well, alot better than before, his chip to Naisey got us the penalty, which he then scored against Hearts. His fitness has got better and he's working on his game, which is great for him and the team.

Your argument is back from the days where he literally was a 6 yard box man, he's now sitting alot deeper than before and going all for it (the commentator even claimed so against Hamilton).

People complain about Boyd not doing this, not doing that, then wanting him dropped. Why not let him play in the champions league? Even like i said, for 20-30 minutes, and get him doing that against major teams, gaining experience whilst doing it? Doing it in training matches is alot different than against high end opposition.

What Boyd has done is acquire the basic fundamentals of an SPL forward, but you can't teach someone to have a brilliant first touch, or win everything in the air, or get an extra yard of pace and there's certainly no reason to think that Boyd, as opposed to anyone else, has the potential to acquire these skills. Cousin is a good illustrative example in that he had superior technique and was excellent in the air, yet he still struggled to be a top quality player in Europe because the standard demanded is so high. What chance does Boyd have?

IMO it's easier to teach a player to have a better touch than it is to teach him to be a natural finisher..

And anyway, Boyd's touch it better than Miller's

And Cousin didn't struggle in Europe because the level was too high, he struggled because he had a piss-poor attitude and kept trying to head butt people.

Er - Your words ?

I read the first statements to say - He has no ambition or is a money grabber and hasn't had a big enough offer. - What size of offer would stop you playing for the club you support? Draw the line for me.

It's not as simple as that.

Love is a two way thing (I sound romantic :P) and although Boyd loves the club, he could begin to get frustrated at the constant attempts to shove him out the door.

If he feels undervalued, he'll be gone. That's different from being a money grabber, it's being professional. It's security for him and his family and it's a chance to test himself in a better league.

As for the 2nd part, it would partially be Boyd's fault, but no more than it would be the clubs fault for handling this terribly. I should have made that opinion clearer.

was the game at tannadice not a big game dado?

what about all his cup final goals?

he has scored v celtic

what about his uefa cup goals?

the penalty at tyncastle was a big moment in a difficult match was it not?

he has an incredible international goalscoring record too...

ARE THESE NOT BIG GAMES?

he has scored v celtic

ARE THESE NOT BIG GAMES?

I think he gets a tough time with people saying he doesn't do it in big games.

He's done it in pressure games, maybe not against the best teams, but pressure games at crucial times. That could be more important than CL goals in the long run, who knows.

As for his Scotland record, the goals were against the likes of Bulgaria reserves, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Lithuania etc, so nothing to shout about.

he has scored v celtic

ARE THESE NOT BIG GAMES?

I think he gets a tough time with people saying he doesn't do it in big games.

He's done it in pressure games, maybe not against the best teams, but pressure games at crucial times. That could be more important than CL goals in the long run, who knows.

As for his Scotland record, the goals were against the likes of Bulgaria reserves, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Lithuania etc, so nothing to shout about.

He can only bury what's put in front of him.

And someone had to put them away.