Boyd Rejects Trabzonspor !

DavieMacRFC

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was the game at tannadice not a big game dado?

what about all his cup final goals?

he has scored v celtic

what about his uefa cup goals?

the penalty at tyncastle was a big moment in a difficult match was it not?

he has an incredible international goalscoring record too...

ARE THESE NOT BIG GAMES?

I think he gets a tough time with people saying he doesn't do it in big games.

He's done it in pressure games, maybe not against the best teams, but pressure games at crucial times. That could be more important than CL goals in the long run, who knows.

As for his Scotland record, the goals were against the likes of Bulgaria reserves, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Lithuania etc, so nothing to shout about.

all international teams. Are Ronaldo's world cup goals v teams like belguim etc dismissed from his CV?

IMO it's easier to teach a player to have a better touch than it is to teach him to be a natural finisher..

And anyway, Boyd's touch it better than Miller's

And Cousin didn't struggle in Europe because the level was too high, he struggled because he had a piss-poor attitude and kept trying to head butt people.

Exactly, you can't teach finishing like his..

Look at this :drool: .. noone can deny that's just natural skill that many a striker would love to have.

he has scored v celtic

ARE THESE NOT BIG GAMES?

He's done it in pressure games, maybe not against the best teams, but pressure games at crucial times. That could be more important than CL goals in the long run, who knows.

As for his Scotland record, the goals were against the likes of Bulgaria reserves, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Lithuania etc, so nothing to shout about.

all international teams. Are Ronaldo's world cup goals v teams like belguim etc dismissed from his CV?

Meh, Belgium are decent I suppose.

Without being pernickety, you know exactly what I'm getting at.

he has scored v celtic

ARE THESE NOT BIG GAMES?

ahh the same georgia who beat scotland? throw in ukraine aswell

he has scored v celtic

ARE THESE NOT BIG GAMES?

Meh, Belgium are decent I suppose.

Without being pernickety, you know exactly what I'm getting at.

i do know what you are trying to say but 7 in 14 at that level is a phenomenal record, and you know it is :pipe:

I dont care how lazy the guy is. Even if he only plays every second game, he will usually score more in a season that all our other strikers combined. We cannot afford or will we be able to afford someone with a goal return like his. Even if he comes on in the second half or each match I know his fitness is good enough to compete for that. We need to sign this guy to a contract FFS. We are skint and he is the best we can get right now.

It doesn't make any sense to let him go just now.

I do wonder what the hell we're playing at.

I really dont understand how we cant offer him a 1 year extension with the wage he is on now or at least a little bit more with the option of a new one at the end of the year to at least our ourselves if we do sell him... if he had a year to go on his contract we would be paying it anyway, I cant(wont) believe the money situation is that bad at rangers...

Also another thing, if we do sell boyd and fail to pick up ANY points away to killie and motherwell in the first games back after the international break, all hell will break loose

I feel the fans will feel as though the club have conned us! if they sell now they can say we worked right up to the deadline and just failed to bring someone in or some shit! look love or hate the guy, hes knocking teams back whom may have more money than us, but there not the Rangers are they! would we all leave Rangers and fuck off to Turkey? I certainly wouldnt!

It doesn't make any sense to let him go just now.

I do wonder what the hell we're playing at.

I really dont understand how we cant offer him a 1 year extension with the wage he is on now or at least a little bit more with the option of a new one at the end of the year to at least our ourselves if we do sell him... if he had a year to go on his contract we would be paying it anyway, I cant(wont) believe the money situation is that bad at rangers...

Walter said NOONES contract is being looked at right now, even his own.

I reckon they are waiting till after the window closes.

Er - Your words ?

"I think that he's either got no ambition to test himself in a harder league, or he's not had a big enough offer from Trabzonspor"

"However, if it ends up costing us the services of a Mendes, Davis or Bougherra in the next 24 hours I'll be absolutely aperplectic at him for it"

I read the first statements to say - He has no ambition or is a money grabber and hasn't had a big enough offer. - What size of offer would stop you playing for the club you support? Draw the line for me.

Second statement - if he doesn't leave and someone else leaves (from your list) its his fault!

It's not as simple as that.

Love is a two way thing (I sound romantic :P ) and although Boyd loves the club, he could begin to get frustrated at the constant attempts to shove him out the door.

If he feels undervalued, he'll be gone. That's different from being a money grabber, it's being professional. It's security for him and his family and it's a chance to test himself in a better league.

As for the 2nd part, it would partially be Boyd's fault, but no more than it would be the clubs fault for handling this terribly. I should have made that opinion clearer.

He might frustrated - but thats a long way from having no ambition or being a monney grabber ?

last sentence still seems to imply if someone else gets sold and he stays through choice its his fault - do you expect him to sacrifice living his dream so one of your 'better' (sic) players can stay ?

I said it 'could' be either of those things BP9, I didn't say it 100% categorically was.

Going somewhere you feel valued isn't being a money grabber, it's looking after number one.

I think if Boyd was to leave, he'd do so with a heavy heart and I certainly don't think he'd want to go for free.