Boyd Rejects Trabzonspor !

DavieMacRFC

is boydy that thick that he cant take a hint that they dont want him at ibrox?

no chance of an offer for a new contract and they give him permission to talk to other clubs,

or is he just being cute to run down contract?

How about the crazy notion that he only wants to play for Rangers?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris Boyd has certainly improved his all-round game over the last 18 months, that's a fact. He would for sure be loss to the side if he was to be sold this window and especially if we do not bring in a replacement in as Novo, Lafferty, Miller and Naismith won't replace his goals.

The big question, if he stays, is should Boyd play/start against teams like Celtic, Sevilla and Stuttgart? Well I think with the squad we've got that we should start him, starting with Stuttgart away. It would be a bold desicion and a risky one, but, I reckon it could work. His hold-up play and aerial ability has really improved and I think he'd be a good target man if we get the likes of Miller and Lafferty or Naismith supporting him and if he gets the chance he'll stick the ball in the back of the net. If it doesn't work there's always the chance of changing it with either Miller or Lafferty going through the middle. The boy needs to be given the chance.

This could be his best season yet, if he stays...

It doesn't make any sense to let him go just now.

I do wonder what the hell we're playing at.

I really dont understand how we cant offer him a 1 year extension with the wage he is on now or at least a little bit more with the option of a new one at the end of the year to at least our ourselves if we do sell him... if he had a year to go on his contract we would be paying it anyway, I cant(wont) believe the money situation is that bad at rangers...

Walter said NOONES contract is being looked at right now, even his own.

I reckon they are waiting till after the window closes.

Possibly, but you'd think a club in our current financial strife would be looking to protect the value of it's most sellable assets.

If you played for Rangers and was a Rangers fan, would you want to leave? If Boyd really wanted to leave he would be gone, simple as. But he must play for the shirt and not the money, and thats something I want kept at our Club, players who play for the jersey. :ph34r:

If you played for Rangers and was a Rangers fan, would you want to leave? If Boyd really wanted to leave he would be gone, simple as. But he must play for the shirt and not the money, and thats something I want kept at our Club, players who play for the jersey. :ph34r:

Aye, but he can't play if he doesn't have a contract.

2:31 in this video is not something you do unless you play for the shirt..

Don't know what to make of this.

I think that he's either got no ambition to test himself in a harder league, or he's not had a big enough offer from Trabzonspor.

Lack of ambition possibly, but would you move? Playing at the club you love where all your mates are seems like a cushty wee number to me, and you'd need to put yourself in his position before slating him for wanting to stay.

The club - not Kris Boyd - are playing financial Russian roulette here. Again, the fans have been left in the dark having to guess what's going on. Surely a statement from the club would be sensible here? I can't imagine Boyd's mindset being too good if it gets to May next year and he's still not had an offer.

I applaud him for digging his heels in to stay at the club he supports. However, if it ends up costing us the services of a Mendes, Davis or Bougherra in the next 24 hours I'll be absolutely aperplectic at him for it.

Boydys not daft

He will play for another season then leave as a free transfer if he does not get another contract from us(unlikely).

He will make a packet because the likelyhood is a bigger club will take a chance on him & with signing on fees & higher wages because no transfer fee is involved.

I get the feeling the Ibrox heirarchy are none too happy with Boyd & just want shot off.

We'll just have to see what happens with the contracts, i reckon if he hasn't got one by November, then he should be worried, unless anything official comes out regarding any and all contracts at the club.

There's still time yet for that, who says he won't get a new one in January? or end of the season?

why is it so hard to understand why a man would rather play for his own club for lower wages than another club for a fortune.

we are rangers fans on here, surely the best possible career in football would be rangers?? right

There's still time yet for that, who says he won't get a new one in January? or end of the season?

And that's what I mean by financial Russian roulette!

Piss poor short-sighted planning.

(tu)...we'll just need to wait and see what happens :dry:

I don't expect the club to tell us everything, but the lack of communication between the club and the fans this summer has been simply unforgivable.

The amount of rumours about players, finances, takeovers, owners etc, yet we've been told absolutely fuck all.

Is it that bad that they're scared to tell us the truth?

Times like these with us struggling to give players/coaches new contracts and not being able to sign a single while getting rid of a load of first team players in the process it makes you wonder how teams like Notts County and Southampton can get new 'very rich' owners and a club like Rangers can't! IMO a new owner is a must.

Kris Boyd is not lacking ambition and is not wary of playing in another league

The fact of the matter is that his ambition is to beat Henrik Larsonns record - and have a Rangers player as the top goalscorer in the history of the SPL

For that we should all be behind him

There should be a place in every squad for a player with Boyds record - he should not play every game but should be utilised to help us win games

I don't expect the club to tell us everything, but the lack of communication between the club and the fans this summer has been simply unforgivable.

The amount of rumours about players, finances, takeovers, owners etc, yet we've been told absolutely fuck all.

Is it that bad that they're scared to tell us the truth?

I agree with you fully there mate, but the only answers can come out of the club. When their going to tell us is another story, and thats if they do. I just wished they would get their fingers out and shed some light on everything. From contracts right to new onwers.

We can't afford to lose any other players!

Selling Boyd would mean we'd have to replace him, along with bringing in the defender (s) and left sided midfielder/winger, we require!

If I were Boyd, I'd tell Trabzonspor to ram it. If he doesn't want to play in Turkey, then that's his decision.

If any one of our players leave between now and the window closing, then we will have to replace them, and we'll still require the positions we lack in.

A fucking disgrace that a club like Rangers can't afford to strengthen.