Defending corners

sneddon

negative post time again.......

just watched the highlights of the Hamilton game on Sportscene there and it reminded me....

Hamilton's consolation goal, we had 11 players defending within our box, Hamilton had 6 players in the box, 2 outside the box (unmarked) plus the corner taker, meaning they still had a player at the half way line plus the keeper......

at the point when he scores, we have 4 players not marking anyone plus 2 on the goal-line and McGregor

Whittaker was totally bullied by the defender who scored although he was one of the only guys in the box who was actually marking anyone

i suppose my main point is, why do Walter/Ally persist in packing the penalty box when we defend corners? especially when we cant actually defend them properly in the first instance? anytime we do win a corner we leave ourselves with absolutely no chance of a counter attack.....

I hate how we defend corners.

Eleven men back, including the likes of Miller, Novo, Naismith, Fleck etc when they're simply no use there at all.

The amount of times you see our goalie catch the ball, rush to the edge of the box for a quick breakaway only to be sorely disappointed in the lack of options really grinds my gears.

Eleven men back, including the likes of Miller, Novo, Naismith, Fleck etc when they're simply no use there at all.

The amount of times you see our goalie catch the ball, rush to the edge of the box for a quick breakaway only to be sorely disappointed in the lack of options really grinds my gears.

Fear not, all will change when we bring back Hutton :pipe:

means we can go right to Hutton, left to Rothen or right up the middle to Trezeguet

means we can go right to Hutton, left to Rothen or right up the middle to Trezeguet

:lol:

Donald Trump better get a move on. There's only a few hours left.