Confused

papaguy51

So we've been working our arses off to get rid of 12 players this summer.

It looks like we're trying to get Boyd out the door.

We're told - on at least one occasion - that we can't afford to bring anyone in.

Now we go and sign a 31 year old, 26 times capped French winger from PSG who by all means will be on about £30,000k per week at PSG. What on Earth is going on?

I'm absolutely over the moon about this, but how are we affording this? Are we not as skint as we made out, were we playing coy? Or has the new chairman done a deal himself?

Is Rothen on a Frank De Boer style contract? So many questions needing answered, but at least things are looking up.

We're told - on at least one occasion - that we can't afford to bring anyone in.

Now we go and sign a 31 year old, 26 times capped French winger from PSG who by all means will be on about £30,000k per week at PSG. What on Earth is going on?

I'm absolutely over the moon about this, but how are we affording this? Are we not as skint as we made out, were we playing coy? Or has the new chairman done a deal himself?

Is Rothen on a Frank De Boer style contract? So many questions needing answered, but at least things are looking up.

end of the day....we aren't as skint as the press make out, dont fucking listen to them. Its pure speculation and the only people who know what the financial running of the club are are the board of rangers football club.

I think THAT is almost certainly a fact. Overplayed by the mhedia, and, people believe it. We were never going to spend anything with murray leaving, and, since this was in the process for some time, its not surprising at all.

It does make for good drama though

So whats the deal with Rothen, I remember him from a few years ago and he was a fine player. but I also know just what our last few left hand sided players have brought too our team i.e Beasley. so whats so special about Rothen?

Not knocking the (Potential-Papa) signing just an interested Bear!

I think THAT is almost certainly a fact. Overplayed by the mhedia, and, people believe it. We were never going to spend anything with murray leaving, and, since this was in the process for some time, its not surprising at all.

It does make for good drama though

I have never thought we were as skint as the Mhedia have made out. I think if the right players become available then we would be looking to sign them like whats happening with Rothen.

It's the club that has been making out that we're skint, not just the press.

That's what's confusing me. Are they lying, or just playing coy?

I'd be tempted to go with this, but i just don't know, it's a very confusing situation over at Rangers at the minute.

it is confusing as Schalke could have paid him a much higher salary than us...maybe he is trying to get his career going again by being on the Euro stage

he maybe also wants to win a league champs medal with us this season :D:21:

He is desperate to leave PSG, therefore PSG are desperate to offload him.

Schalke were expected to sign him, but the deal wasnt completed in time. Bain then recieved a call from his represntatives asking if we were still interested in Rothen (prelim talks took place at the emirates).

For me, its not about Schalke being able to offer any more money, I just believe its the way the chain of events have occured.

But, Im happy!!!

Maybe we're not paying his wages in the loan agreement, or paying a reduced amount :D

PSG just want a trouble maker away.

I was thinking that, but then why would PSG agree to pay any wages to a player they want to get rid of?

maybe we are just playing it coy in all aspects, financial and transfer targets, think about it over the last few years we have made bids or made it known that we are interested in certains targets and timmy nip in with a bigger offer and get our target, Brown , Riorden, Louveens to name a few, maybe we are just getting a little smarter in how we conduct our business, just a thought

AR

Maybe we're not paying his wages in the loan agreement, or paying a reduced amount :D

PSG just want a trouble maker away.

I was thinking that, but then why would PSG agree to pay any wages to a player they want to get rid of?

Werent we rumoured to be doing that with Webster!!!!

I picked up the papers this morning to see on the back of The Sun (not the Scottish Sun, it's printed in Belfast) and it read 'Jerome the Ger' and I actually burst out laghing at the thought of it.

But here we are close to sealing a deal.

Its not lying or playing coy, its "living within the clubs means" I believe the term was, which included sell before we buy. "If the club makes money it can spend money" etc. Which, translates to some as "Rangers are skint", possibly due to the spastic amounts of money being spunked all over the place in football these days

The club never said that they were trying to get rid of Boyd. The press reported stories speculating that other clubs were interested in him. No one from Ibrox ever said, "we have to sell Boyd" unlike in January when they said a big name would have to go.

We've got rid of a lot of deadwood, perhaps that has satisfied our creditors. Don't believe everything you read in the papers.