Celtc agree deal for Zheng Zhi

Scott-RFC

Just another case of the Scum getting our wannabee sloppys again.

He made his name at 'our' chinese team Shenzhen and we had first call on his lack of talent.

He wasn't good enough five years ago, when we could have had him for a bag of jasmine rice, he hasn't improved any.

NEWSGD Last updated at: (Beijing Time) Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Zheng Zhi, Chinese Footballer of the Year for 2003, is said by local media to be likely to join Scottish premier league club Glasgow Rangers.

Zheng, who plays for Chinese premier league side Shenzhen, has been widely tipped as the next Chinese footballer to play in Europe following Sun Jihai at Manchester City, Li Tie at Everton and Dong Fangzhuo with Manchester United.

The Scottish champions are confident that Zheng can help them cash in on China's soccer market.

Zheng, who is also being chased by Italian Serie A giants Roma and Juventus, will play in China's inaugural premier league this year and will be free to leave for Europe next season.

poor lad dragged in for marketing purposes

Wasting their time if that's the case.

There's hardly a massive Charlton following down China way, I don't imagine.

:lol:

I'm sure china still has the du wei celtic supporters club though last count 9000000 members......

Now I know Neil Cameron of the record is a die hard tim but this is pretty cringeworthy stuff….

ZHENG ZHI is Chinese football's very own David Beckham in terms of fame, adulation and an astonishing ability to shift merchandise by the ton.

Just don't think for a moment this talented footballer is in Glasgow to sell the jerseys for Celtic - and certainly not on the field.

Signing China's team captain and national icon is a smart move by any club's standards.

Having the most famous player of a country with a population of 1.3billion and rising on your books is pretty sound thinking by the Parkhead board.

But the big question is can the lad actually perform on the park and not just in the shops? The answer to that seems to be an unequivocal yes for those who know him best.

Is he really describing a Charlton reject who wasn’t picked up until 4.34 on the last day of the transfer window....... :pipe:

they didn't have to fend off any other clubs to get him, it has to be for shirt selling

out of all Celtics summer signings I think Nguemo is the best one

Fox is ok but not brilliant, seems to cross the ball better than Naylor

think our Midfield is better though

Lol, Britney can't help himself, can he?

Back page of the Times this morning;

Celtic squad boosted with surprise deal for Zheng

Experienced Rothen joins Rangers on loan

Celtic pulled off the surprise of the Scottish transfer deadline yesterday by signing Zheng Zhi, who recently left Charlton Athletic.......

........Rothen will give Rangers Walter Smith cover on the left-hand side, and may allow Sasa Papac to play in a more central defensive position of needed.......

:rolleyes:

Lol, Britney can't help himself, can he?

Back page of the Times this morning;

Celtic squad boosted with surprise deal for Zheng

Experienced Rothen joins Rangers on loan

Celtic pulled off the surprise of the Scottish transfer deadline yesterday by signing Zheng Zhi, who recently left Charlton Athletic.......

........Rothen will give Rangers Walter Smith cover on the left-hand side, and may allow Sasa Papac to play in a more central defensive position of needed.......

:rolleyes:

typical

Charlton reject vs capped Champions League finalist

I know who I'd choose