• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:alexander:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :thomson:

:Naismith:-------------------------------- :rothen:

:miller:

This or the several variations of this that we can play

Like you say you could have different variations. Naismith could push up front with Davis on RW. Also you could play Novo where Naismith is. I can see it definately being this formation though. And the RW player being the one of those 11 who will prob change from game to game. Also like in my team playing Edu in midfield with Davis RW or Big Lee in the same way. (tu)

(tu) The midfield is very flexible, in that we have a number of players more than capable in there. Up front is the same. This formation allows us to switch between attack and defence with ease, as well as change the style of play without any hassle.

exactly. we are lucky in regards to that. not sure how flexible rothen is in regards to playing more central or how he would do switching flanks. even beasley is a valuable player to have for LW in europe. and kev in regards to the boyd stuff last night, you caught me in a bad mood! lol. :craphead:(tu)

(tu) The midfield is very flexible, in that we have a number of players more than capable in there. Up front is the same. This formation allows us to switch between attack and defence with ease, as well as change the style of play without any hassle.

exactly. we are lucky in regards to that. not sure how flexible rothen is in regards to playing more central or how he would do switching flanks. even beasley is a valuable player to have for LW in europe. and kev in regards to the boyd stuff last night, you caught me in a bad mood! lol. :craphead:(tu)

(tu) No worries big chief!

Rothen is very comfortable playing on a left of a midfield 3 from what I've heard (tu)

spot on mate (tu)

thats very handy if he is. hopefully he can pitch in with some goals too! (tu) here is to a good season in europe :cheers:

If we go 4-4-2:

McGregor

Whittaker Boogie Wier Smith

Novo Davis Mendes Rothen

Lafferty Miller

Or if we go 4-5-1

McGregor

Whittaker Boogie Wier Smith

Davis Mendes Edu KT Rothen

Miller

Subs;

Novo, Papac, Naismith, McCulloch, Alexander

Jeezo, everyone picking misser to start? Take it we dont really want to win games then? I picked a lineup that goes with my philosophy in general, would start it in the league as well. Nice to see no youth options in there as well (tu)

McGregor

Whittaker - Weir - Boughera - Smith

Davis - Thomson - Mendes

Naismith - Boyd/Lafferty - Rothen

Same formation we playerd preseason. Attacking fullbacks, 4-3-3/4-51 flexibility. Rothen and Naismith can both drop deeper.

Would probably play boyd at home, Lafferty away, all depending on Boyds performances. If he does well, he keeps his place, if not, Lafferty gets it. Boyd of course "cant play in that formation, since, he has had so many goes at it haha not.

Miller will be first pick up front when fit, no point in picking anything else really.

Doesnt make it right. Or, was the point of the thread trying to pick Walters team? Rather than what you think is best?

I dunno, thats why I stay out of these