Thrilled with Rothen signing but . . . . . .

Unionjackjackson

Rothen is a fantastic signing, but does anyone know whether we have an option to make the deal permanent? I know that Rothen turned down Blackburn and that PSG are terrible but my only worry is about the possibility of keeping him if he proves to fit in well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rothen is a fantastic signing, but does anyone know whether we have an option to make the deal permanent? I know that Rothen turned down Blackburn and that PSG are terrible but my only worry is about the possibility of keeping him if he proves to fit in well.

Yes the option for perm deal is on

berra could have been a loaner and we could have moved for sol before the notts county move

What do you base any of this on?

just spectulating it is the stupid season after all well it was an hour ago.

Berra would cost £4m and Sol Campbell is making £35,000 a week.

There's stupid, and there's ridiculous.

Yes the option for perm deal is on

One million Euros :pipe:

What do you base any of this on?

just spectulating it is the stupid season after all well it was an hour ago.

Berra would cost £4m and Sol Campbell is making £35,000 a week.

There's stupid, and there's ridiculous.

Indeed.

I tried to put it nicely to him (Unionjackjackson), but to be honest he was derserving of a reply like this.

Indeed.

I tried to put it nicely to him (Unionjackjackson), but to be honest he was derserving of a reply like this.

I just can't figure out why anyone would want to make up a stupid suggestion, just because everyone else has done it.

It's a bit like wading into your nearest African shanty town and sticking your banger up one of the locals, just because everyone else has AIDS.

I think we wall wanted centre half cover but from the lows of last january surely we can allow ourselves a wee smile fo satisfactions this evening. We are in a far better state, squad and trophy wise, than the vast majority of us thought we would be.

We have a stronger squad than the filth without a doubt and one that should compete , at least, in europe. I'm a happy man tonight.

yeah no doubt it was great buisness with rothen, Dorman would give us a goal threat from midfield. were fighting on 4 fronts this season so could have been a good cheap deal in my opinion. as for defenders maybe sol campbell would have been a good buy or christope berra. . . .

:anguish:

That's really not worth replying to, is it?

:anguish:

It just shows how bad the situation has become that simply not losing players is something to celebrate.

The squad could have done with more additions but no doubt it could have been a lot worse.

No but winning the league and retaining the strongest squad in the league while cutting out the deadwood is something worth celebrating....of course not for our fans who live in a total fantasy land......so i guess you will be upset tonight....

It just shows how bad the situation has become that simply not losing players is something to celebrate.

The squad could have done with more additions but no doubt it could have been a lot worse.

No but winning the league and retaining the strongest squad in the league while cutting out the deadwood is something worth celebrating....of course not for our fans who live in a total fantasy land......so i guess you will be upset tonight....

Wanting a centre half isn't living in fantasy land surely?

I'm well aware we won the league but it benefits to improve a winning team. We'll see how the squad as it is now manages, i just hope we don't get a defensive injury crisis. If we're lucky enough to avoid that then we should still be doing well.