We should give Boyd a new contract

fleck21

By the sound of things McCoist and Durrant like Kris Boyd.

If at the end of the season or maybe January if Walter decides thats time to step aside, don't be surprised if Coisty makes sure Boyd is given a new contract before he takes over.

Its a no brainer, if he is sold with the months ticking away the fee is getting lower and lower, it would only cost £1m a year tops for Boyd in wages, a transfer fee received if he were to be sold would far outweigh the wages paid, rocket science it aint.

To let Boyd walk away for nothing would be criminal.

I agree but the club have tried to get him out the door and he doesnt want to go so i dont think the club can be blamed if he runs down his contract and goes for nothing. I think WS is moving towards a 433 where he needs forwards who can be flexible and i dont think Boyds worth 11k basic in the current climate and given our financial situation as i only see him as a squad player who can fill one position and in that position he needs others to tee him up to be effective so i would offer him 5k a week basic +bonuses to stay and thats it.

It would be awful to see him leave for nothing, but you can't help thinking the club want shot of him.

How many times have we been willing to let him go now? Three, with hardly any resistance whatsoever.

There's something not right there.