The truth behind the banks?

JTP

I just got sent this in an email and I dont know where it was lifted from so some of you may have seen it before, and apologies if it is a repost ..........

"Hi guys, thanks for some of the pm's I've had since last night.

I have always tried to pass on info on here as best I can, even if sometimes your patience can be stretched when people start having a go -suppose that is part and parcel.

Anyway, I thought I would post the latest info I got today now that the dust has settled on the transfer window.

Firstly, the bank

Our new bankers asked for debts to be reduced, as everyone is well aware, more or less at the turn of the year an the instant quick fix was to try and shift someone for hard cash - ir Boyd for £3.5m to Birmingham, but that collapsed.

My understanding is that they then wanted between £6m and £8m from player sales and or wages before this window shut, to be taken in so that the overall day to say running costs are down.

Ferguson - brought in a huge £2.5m in a combined fee and last year of his wages.

That - plus the other departures for money - Gow and Adam at 700k fee - and all the wages from Dailly, Hemdani, Smith, Webster, Velicka satisfied them on their target figures.

Basically, I have been told that the wage bill is down by around 100k a week, and that just under £2m was raised in hard cash.

So, for that part, they are happy.

The bank, as I have said all along, had refused to sanction any new contracts until this was met.

Davie Weir, despite what people have not been understanding on here, was playing without a contract, but was getting his wages under a 'gentelman's agreement' with the club.

There was no press conference to announce he had signed an extension, in fact not even a confirmation on the club website - all down to the fact that this gentleman's agreement was in place and attention was not being drawn.

His contract has now been signed off.

Over the weekend, Rangers were told they could look at a loan signing, in the region of £15k in wages after it became clear there would be extra revenue GUARANTEED from Celtic going out of Champs League, ie the full TV pot, and the UEFA starting fees being more than anticipated.

They looked at Martin Petrov, Royston Drenthe and other options in Europe.

But, even with the respective clubs weighing in part of the wages, these guys were out of reach.

Rothen wasn't, the wages in France a market Rangers have been able to compete in regularly, and that is why the deal was done.

To conclude, the bank got what they wanted this summer.

Wage bill and running costs down, whilst a big chunk of the incoming European money will go towards the overdraft.

Rangers wage bill is as low as it ever has been for years, with Mendes and Davis at 20k a week basic, and McGregor at 17k the only real high earners.

Going forward, the target of 20 pros plus kids has been hit, the debts are down.

Whilst everyone would have loved to have seen two or three signings made, the stark reality is that the money from CLGE has to go to the bank debts, and the full impact of this - and this summer - will be seen in next years accounts.

As always, I hope some of this helps.

Cheers lads."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The source of the information (barrybaldy on FF) is usually very reliable and most of the financial information tallies with stuff others have heard...

Cheers Frankie wasn't sure of the source although I assumed it was lifted from FF (tu)

The source of the information (barrybaldy on FF) is usually very reliable and most of the financial information tallies with stuff others have heard...

Apart fropm the weir /contract situation...unless the manager is lying......

Oh and of course Walter would never lie would he?

Are you calling the manager a liar ?

If the original post is true then yes i am and the OP is more beliveable than a grown man not lying about something so insignificant as whether Davie Weir has a contract or not...maybe he saw the Gentlemans agreemant as a sort of contract between friends and therefor it was a white lie...........is Walter Gods only human being who does not lie..?...will you take his picture off your wall now??

I, like many others, don't have any reason not to trust Barrybaldy's posts, as I've never know to be wrong about anything. He confirms part of what I had heard from other sources. The rest of it adds up as well.

Seems genuine.

The thing I don't get is - and it refers to Gaff and Cartman's debate about Smith 'lying' - is that we knew as soon as Caldwell's own goal went in for Arsenal against to make it 2-0 that Celtic weren't going through.

Yet given this, the club STILL said that we didn't have the funds to even bring in a loan player. They said that Celtic going out of Europe would have made no difference.

Is that playing coy? Or is it them just misleading the press?

If the original post is true then yes i am and the OP is more beliveable than a grown man not lying about something so insignificant as whether Davie Weir has a contract or not...maybe he saw the Gentlemans agreemant as a sort of contract between friends and therefor it was a white lie...........is Walter Gods only human being who does not lie..?...will you take his picture off your wall now??

Walter said he gave him a contract before he went on his holiday, he had no reason to lie so why do it ? What would motivate him to lie about something so "insignificant" ?

I would love to know who the other options across Europe were that we were loking at.

I'm chuffed to bits that we got Rothen, but if we had managed to pull Petrov out of the bag I think my head would have exploded in excitment :lol:

Hopefully with the bank satisfied we can look at tying Boyd down to a new deal.

Walter said he gave him a contract before he went on his holiday, he had no reason to lie so why do it ? What would motivate him to lie about something so "insignificant" ?

To give the impression of stability...but he like Murray,Bain and Davie would see a shake of the hand as stability whereas the public and the Mhedia may not and questions would be asked ,questions that they don't want asked!

Because of the embarrassment that we couldn't give our captain a contract, perhaps? Walter will not always be 100% truthful about every aspect of the club, nor would we want him to be.

When did we officially announce that Weir did sign a new contract?

Because of the embarrassment that we couldn't give our captain a contract, perhaps? Walter will not always be 100% truthful about every aspect of the club, nor would we want him to be.

Can't rememeber the exact date but it was in July......

To give the impression of stability although they had already explained publicly explained our financial predicament, still makes no sense, as you said yourself it was apparently "insignificant"......

People love a good conspiracy theory and the bank controlling our club is just that.

If you were in silly debt what the bank was asking for every month would rule your outgoings and incomings would it not?

To give the impression of stability although they had already explained publicly explained our financial predicament, still makes no sense, as you said yourself it was apparently "insignificant"......

People love a good conspiracy theory and the bank controlling our club is just that.

If you were in silly debt what the bank was asking for every month would rule your outgoings and incomings would it not?

As long as i was paying them back as promnised what i did with the cash in my pocket would be none of there business......Pretty simple really.

Can't rememeber the exact date but it was in July......

My understanding as that the club never made any announcement. Happy to be disproved though.... :)