• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :mcculloch: :rothen:

:boyd: :miller:

its great though that i am struggling to pick a midfield. i'm not sure that :mcculloch: will be dropped. i think :thomson: will start on bench. this is going to be good if we dont hit an injury crisis!

I'm not so sure Rothen is a left prong of a front 3 - he's not a pacey winger with skill to beat a hundred men and score goals.

He's a supplier, a left sided Beckham and as such he will play deeper.

:davis: :mendes: :thomson: :rothen:

:miller: :boyd:

No point putting Alexander in, McGregor's first choice. Leaving Naisy out was tough but I'd really like to see the team I chose.

You got it. That is my team as well.

:davis: :mendes: :thomson: :rothen:

:miller: :boyd:

No point putting Alexander in, McGregor's first choice. Leaving Naisy out was tough but I'd really like to see the team I chose.

same as wot id have, altho rothen would depend on if he's fit enough 2 start (not sure on his game time for psg)

I'm not so sure Rothen is a left prong of a front 3 - he's not a pacey winger with skill to beat a hundred men and score goals.

He's a supplier, a left sided Beckham and as such he will play deeper.

Played that role on many occassions for both Monaco and PSG. Rothen played on the left, Giuly on the right with Morientes through the middle. He tore Paulo Ferreira apart in the 1st half of the CL final in that position. He still has a decent amount of pace about him - burst both Whittaker and Davis at the Emirates.

He's capable in a four or three.