Walter looking forward to having Kyle back & learning from the suspension

Boab

WALTER SMITH is looking forward to welcoming Kyle Lafferty back to the fold for the crucial month of September after the striker missed the whole of August.

Lafferty was banned for the opening three SPL matches as a residue of going through the penalty points threshhold which resulted in a one-match ban and a two-match ban for his actions against Aberdeen when he fell easily after a challenge with Charlie Mulgrew which saw the Dons defender sent off.

Rangers face a gruelling task of seven matches in 23 days from September 12 through to October 4 including the Champions League matches with Stuttgart and Sevilla and the first Old Firm game of the season.

Smith will need all of his players for this spell and he feels Lafferty will be a reformed character when he returns.

He said: "I think he knows himself the error of his ways in terms of what he did and hopefully that won't happen again.

"The Hamilton game was the last match of his three-game suspension and the last thing he wants is to miss matches. He missed enough last season with injuries.

"The suspension is something that could have been avoided.

"He has been keeping himself fit and played in a couple of bounce games but I'm sure it has been frustrating for him that he has not been involved in our matches yet.

"He will play a couple of matches for Northern Ireland in the next two weeks and then he will be available for us so we will welcome him back at that time.

"We look forward to getting him back because by that time we will move into a phase where we will have midweek matches as well as weekend games so it's important we have everyone available and ready to play."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1785628,00.html

I'm pleased he's on his way back also, big season for him I think. Would like to see him and Boyd together in a front two.