To support Rangers is a calling not a choice.

Poetry_In_Blue

Over a year ago this thread was started by a member who was curious about how and why those not born on these shores came to support our mighty club.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=76810

From my own perspective, growing up in Glasgow football and religion were intertwined, you either went to a Catholic school and were expected to support Celtic if you followed football, or like myself you went to a mixed denomination school, in those days it was mainly Protestant and you supported Rangers. Not that it really mattered as my father supported Rangers and his father before him, as did all of my father's brothers.

Our Proud History from those early days of The Founding Fathers those four young men who only wanted their own football club way back in 1872, even though we didn't become an official club until 1873. The way the Club was built was on an ethos of integrity and tradition something which still stands to this day. For example, I still can't remember if we have ever had a manager who would turn up on match day in anything less than a suit? It might appear to be a small thing to some people, but to me it's this attitude which helps sum the club up. Our managers stand tall and proud as does the stadium. Next time you're at Ibrox, cross over Edmiston Drive and take a long look at that red brick building, how tall and proud does that building look to you? How imposing can it appear and how beautiful is the granduer of this building, both inside and out.

Once you come to know Rangers, once you hear that calling there is no better feeling in the world, it sings to you, it makes your heart race and never mind from where you come from you will never escape from it, and let's be honest why would you want to?

I support Rangers because my granddad did (Dad wasnt really interested in football) I used to watch Rangers on BBC when I was really small and one off the things he gave me before he passed away was a really old handkerchief with a player in a blue shirt with white shorts and blue and red socks, with a brown football and the words Glasgow Rangers stitched into it, I cherish the handkerchief which was unused and came in a plastic wrapping. :)