***The Official Scotland vs Holland Thread***

Juno

Not paying attention to the pish in the other thread, I want to talk about the team.

I suspect we'll give the usual heroic performance and come out short since even for me a win is a pipedream. Optimism is the key though!

Gordon

Hutton McManus Weir Whittaker

Brown Alexander Fletcher Maloney

Miller Fletcher

Or a 4-5-1 if we want to be really cautious. But realistically, needing a win, it has to be 4-4-2.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not paying attention to the pish in the other thread, I want to talk about the team.

I suspect we'll give the usual heroic performance and come out short since even for me a win is a pipedream. Optimism is the key though!

Gordon

Miller Fletcher

Or a 4-5-1 if we want to be really cautious. But realistically, needing a win, it has to be 4-4-2.

Would play Hartley instead of Alexander to many times today his passing was either to short or to long

Whittaker has to start.

Thomson SHOULD BE called up for Alexander as well.

alexanders distribution is shocking, how he still plays at national level is beyond me

Whittaker is a must, really looked good from what I seen (Missed the first half).

I don't fancy Brown on the right although I dont know who I'd play there instead. I'd rather he played in the middle with Fletcher sitting a bit deeper.

I agree with what you said in the other thread though. We either play a full strength Dutch side wanting to win all their games :anguish: Or a team with plenty of fringe players wanting to prove they're good enough :anguish:

It doesnt look good but I'd love to see it come off.

Gordon

Miller Fletcher

Would play Hartley instead of Alexander to many times today his passing was either to short or to long

Yeah! Hartley for Alexander,for me also. (tu)

Whittaker has to start.

Of course he should, but we all know he won't so it's painful to even talk about it. We might as well get used to the idea having Alexander bumbling around in DM.

To be honest, I'd rather have Barry playing that position, if anyone, with Brown and Fletch on front of him - especially considering Thommos fitness and form.

If Scotland play the way they did in the 2nd half, I'd say that have a chance, especially since the Dutch won't really have anything to play for.

How you feeling about tonight man?

Whittaker has to start.

Of course he should, but we all know he won't so it's painful to even talk about it. We might as well get used to the idea having Alexander bumbling around in DM.

To be honest, I'd rather have Barry playing that position, if anyone, with Brown and Fletch on front of him - especially considering Thommos fitness and form.

On form, I'd rather have Lee McCulloch in there, but we know Burley doesn't pick teams based on form.

Somehow....

If Scotland play the way they did in the 2nd half, I'd say that have a chance, especially since the Dutch won't really have anything to play for.

How you feeling about tonight man?

Actually kind of nervous! We should be putting 2-3 past El Salvador at home, but I think Gooch is out and Donovan is still sick, so anything could happen.

Whittaker has to start.

On form, I'd rather have Lee McCulloch in there, but we know Burley doesn't pick teams based on form.

Somehow....

Come on bro, you know Lee's retired from internationals.

Whittaker has to start.

Somehow....

Yeh, I'd rather have big Lee over Alexander and even KT at the moment, but I think I would still rather have Barry at the minute considering he's played alright so ffar this season.

Then again, can't believe we're still discussing this when its gonna be Graham fuckin Alexander, the 37 year old full back.

Whittaker has to start.

Somehow....

Come on bro, you know Lee's retired from internationals.

Aye, but I don't think he'd have picked him anyway.

His ignorance towards Mulgrew, Lee Wallace and to a lesser extent Whittaker in preference to Davidson at LB kills me.

Anyway, I can still see Scotland winning this. Somehow.

Can't argue that. I think Burley's a pish manager, but as a Scot i'm loyally behind him for his time here.

Even if some of the callups don't suit us that's watching, you can only pick from the team that's there... Alexander or Hartley it is. Going to have to give us the ol' Braveheart performance. :anguish:

Can't argue that. I think Burley's a pish manager, but as a Scot i'm loyally behind him for his time here.

Even if some of the callups don't suit us that's watching, you can only pick from the team that's there... Alexander or Hartley it is. Going to have to give us the ol' Braveheart performance. :anguish:

Burley's murder.

1st half today, you're thinking: "Fuck me sideways with Jimbo's favourite dancing shoes."

2nd half: "Burley CAN actually manage."

Hard one to call really.