***The Official Scotland vs Holland Thread***

Juno

Just put a tenner on Holland 3 nil :pipe:

I put on £50 on you only having one eyebrow, can I go and collect ?

Youve lost me what do you mean :rolleyes:

You're a tim pretending to be a rangers fan, sorry i wasn't clearer i thought you would understand.....

Well in that case I can only say

You talk one load of sh-te pal, you clearly do not know the difference

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group 9 consists of five teams, one less than the other pools. When calculating the best runners-up, therefore, matches played against the sixth-placed finishers in Groups 1 to 8 will not be taken into consideration. The criteria will be as follows;

- Total points

- Goal difference

- Goals scored

- Goals scored away from home

- Disciplinary record *

- Drawing of lots

* Yellow card, -1 point; two yellow cards in the same match, -3 points; red card, -3 points; yellow card followed by a direct red card in the same match, -4 points.

Its not all about points, many different factors determine best runners up.

Group 9 consists of five teams, one less than the other pools. When calculating the best runners-up, therefore, matches played against the sixth-placed finishers in Groups 1 to 8 will not be taken into consideration. The criteria will be as follows;

- Total points

- Goal difference

- Goals scored

- Goals scored away from home

- Disciplinary record *

- Drawing of lots

* Yellow card, -1 point; two yellow cards in the same match, -3 points; red card, -3 points; yellow card followed by a direct red card in the same match, -4 points.

Its not all about points, many different factors determine best runners up.

I think that norway result is going to cost us...what a terrible goal difference we have. Should have made it a bit better in the last ten minutes on saturday......

Having a look at the tables, even if Scotland manage to beat Holland I would be surprised if they got one of the place off places?

If you look at all of the results which would have to happen for Scotland not to get a playoff place should they beat Holland, it's actually very unlikely that they wouldn't make it. In N. Ireland's group you're talking about N. Ireland, Poland or Slovenia essentially winning all of their games (including going away to the Czech Republic/Slovakia) to finish with enough points for that to be the case. Then there are at least another two groups where it's quite possible, if not likely, that the second placed team will have less points than Scotland. If all that fails there's still an outside chance that a shock result in the other groups comes to the rescue.

I think it's highly unlikely Scotland will beat Holland, but if they do then a playoff place is close to a certainty as far as I'm concerned.

Having a look at the tables, even if Scotland manage to beat Holland I would be surprised if they got one of the place off places?

If you look at all of the results which would have to happen for Scotland not to get a playoff place should they beat Holland, it's actually very unlikely that they wouldn't make it. In N. Ireland's group you're talking about N. Ireland, Poland or Slovenia essentially winning all of their games (including going away to the Czech Republic/Slovakia) to finish with enough points for that to be the case. Then there are at least another two groups where it's quite possible, if not likely, that the second placed team will have less points than Scotland. If all that fails there's still an outside chance that a shock result in the other groups comes to the rescue.

I think it's highly unlikely Scotland will beat Holland, but if they do then a playoff place is close to a certainty as far as I'm concerned.

That's why I put a question mark at the end of my post :D as I'm not too sure as it does depend on all the scores.

That's a handy webpage - it actually pretty close between the teams.

It is indeed, and if I'm reading that right, what it's saying is that this moment in time Hungary are the team who might not make the play offs, but showing as playing two games less than us?

It is indeed, and if I'm reading that right, what it's saying is that this moment in time Hungary are the team who might not make the play offs, but showing as playing two games less than us?

the game in norway has really fucked us if it comes to goal difference

what a terrible goal difference we have.

That may well be the killer. If (big if) Scotland draw with Holland, on the (reasonably safe) assmption (i) that no other second placed team will finish with a negative goal difference and (ii) all other second placed teams will have taken 6 points off the bottom team in their group, for another second placed team to miss out, they'd have to finish on only 16 points. There are 2 groups where there already 2 teams with 17 or more points.

Scotland could lose on Wednesday and still finish second if Norway and FYR Macedonia draw. Not that 10 points would be likely to be enough.

Good luck chaps.

icon_brit.gif

the game in norway has really fucked us if it comes to goal difference

Hungarys last 3 games are Denmark away and Portugal twice :D

Edit- Ah fuck i forgot that means they just wont finish 2nd, Sweden will take their place in the play offs :lol::(

Is Burley going to drop Weir now for Caldwell?

Now that would be a kick in the balls, but to be honest from a selfish point id rather he did. I want scotland to qualify yes but if rangers where to lose davie to a silly injury it would be disastrous for us.

If we beat Holland then Northern Ireland have to win their final 2 games which are home to Slovakia and away to the Czech's.

So if we beat Holland, it gives us a terrific chance of scraping into the play offs.

A win on Wednesday and we're near enough there the more I think about it. Its by no means definate, but I'd be confident.

So, what would we need if we were to draw against Holland, or, would a draw just not be enough.

If we beat Holland then Northern Ireland have to win their final 2 games which are home to Slovakia and away to the Czech's.

So if we beat Holland, it gives us a terrific chance of scraping into the play offs.

A win on Wednesday and we're near enough there the more I think about it. Its by no means definate, but I'd be confident.

So, what would we need if we were to draw against Holland, or, would a draw just not be enough.

We shouldnt be in this position scraping to make the playoff, with Norways abysmal start and the rest of the group being weak we should be in playoff contention already.

However id love if we could beat Holland, i think with the fact our players should be 110% up for this and Holland wont be flying into 50-50's the way we should be could give us a little hope.