Got a guy thrown out for saying/singing this....

Boab

I'd be all for a Sashbash if we could get away with it :D

...And to think you missed Manchester :crabflute:

I know, but my education comes first.

Even if some people chose to think that made me a bastard :pipe:

That's just odd though when you think about it. How could I possibly be a bastard if I'm putting education first?!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just odd though when you think about it. How could I possibly be a bastard if I'm putting education first?!

I know Papaguy <cr>

I know Papaguy <cr>

Anyway, I absolutely beasted the exam the day after (Merit pass ;)) and that made missing out on Manchester a wee bit more worthwhile.

Not that much mind :(

I hope you're not having a go at me there, i just called you a bastard. :pipe:

Boab there is no excuse for what you did,i don't know what your disability is.I am disabled also and it sounds to me like you are trying use your disability as an excuse for going to a steward/police officer.

Off-topic , but Manchester was a blast and I would do it all again. The best Sashup ever and what a sight it was to see tens of thousands of Bluenoses piling down the motorway into the big city.

The novel experience of strolling around in BHS , swigging a can of Tetleys Stout(!) and chatting up the lovely girl at the counter while slurring like fuck will live long in the memory.

If your grassing one man up, your grassing them all up.

Dont want the clubs name being ruined by sectarian singing. Its gets enough of that in the media right now, and back then. But we certainly shouldnt grass each other up. At the very most, self police, have a word in the persons ear thats starting the songs.

All very well saying that but who is to say that would have worked?

I was in a situation where a guy was upsetting and causing offence to children and older fans with his language and vile outbursts, an older fan who was with his young grandson asked the guy to mind his language and got a torrent of abuse for the next ten minutes, another man with his young daughter asked him to tone it down, a couple left the game because of his behaviour. I finally lost patience and "self policed" him after I had told him to stop embarrassing himself and annoying his fellow fans.

I was the one who got into bother for assaulting this nutter so what I would say is that if this happened again I would be better to report the culprit, bear or not.

I really enjoy playing golf.

:craphead::craphead::lol: :lol: :craphead::craphead:

Where did this come from?!?! The most random post ive ever seen.

A few people on the thread have said they dont think there is anything wrong with the chant. I wonder, are these people the same people who get offended when the tims sing "soon there will be no protestants at all"? IMO both are on the same wavelength.

On another note, if you believe the bible then what the song is saying is true :ph34r:

Firstly, this has been fun! A surprise, not sure if I'd call it pleasant or not!

I replied in Frankie in context and then left the house after seeing his reply, I had to leave at the time rather than because I was satisfied with Frankie's reply either way. - http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2827688

Nevertheless, the story is fairly simple in that I heard it about several rows down and I had a word in the ear to the security guard and the police man put his ear to listen too and they dealt with it as they seen fit.

Fact is that if I wanted to, I couldn't have went walked rows downstairs due to my disability and so that was the only option if I was do anything about it or indeed not.

It was the 1 man.

Most of you know that I've never felt in love with many of the arguably 'un-related to Rangers' songs but I'd never say anything to the authorities as folk see things differently as to how that relates to RFC.

To Jardy, I replied to you as I was reading the thread through.

To Danny, as I see you in the thread, I think our man Danny analysed things very well back in '07 very well at the start of this thread (tu)

Boab i hope your not using your disability as an excuse for grassing him in?

No, I think thats slightly harsh.

All I was meaning was that I couldn't have possibly considered confronting him as he perhaps 10 or so stairs down the stand from where I am and confronting or 'having a word in his ear' was something folk have mentioned in the thread.

I was only addressing that point mate.

dont mean to start anything here but just been reading through some of the thread,you say you couldnt walk down the stairs to have a pleasent word in the guys ear because of your disability,but if your disabled then why would you be sitting up in the stands and how did you get up there in the first place? were you carried up and down?.

and about the original point,its a bit shit grassing on fellow fans but sometimes it has to be done for the sake of the club,in this instance if it was one guy and no one else had bothered grassing him then i think you got a wee bit too big for your boots.that guys probably been banned for life,he might have been a lifelong supporter who had too much to drink that day for reasons nobody knows yet now he finds himself without a game to go to at the weekends.

No supporter is bigger than the club.

All this don;t grass on a fellow ger is just pish.

If it is going to bring our club into disrepute, then he gets lobbed out. Simple.

If you don't want to be kicked out Ibrox, don't sing songs that will get you kicked out.

If he wasn't singing then Boab wouldn;t have had to report him and all is well.

If it is going to bring our club into disrepute, then he gets lobbed out. Simple.

If you don't want to be kicked out Ibrox, don't sing songs that will get you kicked out.

OK Mr Murray :rolleyes:

I read this thread last night and it was like a witch trial - or snitch trial - with everyone after Boab.

"burn the snitch - burn the snitch - burn the snitch".

I found it a bit ugly and sad to see the hatred/abuse that was getting thrown around (especially when the target is such a well known and inoffensive poster as Boab).

And weird too - because Boab had brought it upon himself on purpose - instigated it - which puzzled me sufficiently to stop me posting at the time.

Anyway, I'm none the wiser this morning - as usual - but things seem to have calmed down and Boab seemed unperturbed so I guess all is well.

Live At The Snitchtrials

We're still one step ahead of you

I still believe in the R and M dream

R and M as primal scream

Tied to the Puritan Ethic

Nonsympathetic to sectarian singers

After all this, still a lonely bastard.

Eggheads, boneheads, queue

Queue for them

We were early and we were late

But, still, live at the snitch trials....

i havent read the thread and aint going to.

Boab, you are now on my ignore list.

dispiccable behaviour, i would rather sit next to a tim than a snake who would grass on his own for 'singing a song'.

and i wont be in this thread again so slether all you want, or should i say slither, that would be more apt.

Guys these days. Bet you didn't let the guy know it was you who grassed him in?

Wouldn't want to work with a guy like you as I guess you are a company man and go round grassing fellow workers on having a fly skive or smoke or taking an extra 5 minutes on a t break.

Geez. What is the world coming to? Getting full of clipes. If I ever done that, I would get a right good skelping.

Sorry, have a word in the guys ear. No need to grass him like a coward.

The problem with this issue overall is if singing certain songs is going to hurt our club, then the stewards MUST do their job and eject the offender.

No one likes a grass, but no one likes a selfish fan either.

And if the stewards don't do their job, what would we rather - fans sing and potentially hurt the club, or snakes grass them up and it helps the club.

No matter which way you go, it's not good.

Catholics go to Hell;

Protestants go to Heaven;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

Dont agree with the song but im beginning to think you are a beggar in disguise Why dont you pay a visit to a couple of the pubs in and around Paisley Road on match day with some of your opinions and see where it gets you.

This is the mindset that causes the problem.

I wouldn't go into any pub to disagree en masse with the general opinion, but come out one at a time and I'd happily say it to your face (tu)

Catholics go to Hell;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

Dont agree with the song but im beginning to think you are a beggar in disguise Why dont you pay a visit to a couple of the pubs in and around Paisley Road on match day with some of your opinions and see where it gets you.

I wouldn't go into any pub to disagree en masse with the general opinion, but come out one at a time and I'd happily say it to your face (tu)

Yeah im sure ye would :rolleyes:

Catholics go to Hell;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

Yeah im sure ye would :rolleyes:

Of course you would, if you felt strongly enough about it.

Unless you're all talk, of course ;)

Aw go away.

Fuckin club into disrepute???..fuckin sick of hearing it.

If your a man you say to the guy,hey mate the coppers are watcing ye calm it doon eh.

Not mr policeman that bad boy said some naughty words and i'm about to cry

Aw go away.

If your a man you say to the guy,hey mate the coppers are watcing ye calm it doon eh.

That's probably the best way to go.

But you need to see the size of Boab :lol:

The thought of him wandering up to a big fella to tell him to shut up just doesn't compute in my brain.

Aw go away.

(tu) but, beware of bringing in common sense

The disrepute thing as well, once voice in 50,000? must be a loud fucker to do that