***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

Rams for me. Hopefully the new coach Spagnulo makes a big impact and get get them back to winning ways.

Just found out that Jason Smith, a rookie from Baylor University Bears, will start as the right tackle for the Rams this coming Sunday against Seattle.

Bio on Jason Smith:

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl...th_jason00.html

As a proud alumni of Baylor University, Sic 'Em Jason.

I've heard good things about him - hope he can help shore up what's been a problem area for the Rams for a while. Really tough test out of the gates (away to Seattle) so I won't be holding my breath, but it sure would be nice to get a win out there for a change.

I know the Rams fans will like him, for he has a very engaging personality. He's well-coached. If I recalled, he has done a lot for the Waco community when he was at Baylor.

In tonight's game between Tennessee and Pittsburgh, the Steelers' Daniel Suplveda is also a Baylor graduate and he is a two-time Ray Guy winner as the best collegiate punter in the nation. I read that his two punts were inside the 20 yard line.

NFL WEEK ONE

Sunday, September 13

Miami at Atlanta 1:00 PM CBS Georgia Dome

Denver at Cincinnati 1:00 PM CBS Paul Brown Stadium

Minnesota at Cleveland 1:00 PM FOX Cleveland Browns Stadium

Jacksonville at Indianapolis 1:00 PM CBS Lucas Oil Stadium

Detroit at New Orleans 1:00 PM FOX Superdome

Dallas at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX Raymond James Stadium

Philadelphia at Carolina 1:00 PM FOX Bank of America Stadium

Kansas City at Baltimore 1:00 PM CBS M&T Bank Stadium

NY Jets at Houston 1:00 PM CBS Reliant Stadium

Washington at NY Giants 4:15 PM FOX Giants Stadium

San Francisco at Arizona 4:15 PM FOX U of Phoenix Stadium

St. Louis at Seattle 4:15 PM FOX Qwest Field

Chicago at Green Bay 8:20 PM NBC Lambeau Field

MON, SEP 14

Buffalo at New England 7:00 PM ESPN Gillette Stadium

San Diego at Oakland 10:15 PM ESPN Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum

Just for the few who do check up or follow NFL:

Today's results...

Miami 7 Atlanta 19

Kansas City 24 Baltimore 38

Philadelphia 38 Carolina 10

Denver 12 Cincinnati 7

Minnesota 34 Cleveland 20

NY Jets 24 Houston 7

Jacksonville 12 Indianapolis 14

Detroit 27 New Orleans 45

Dallas 34 Tampa Bay 21

Three remaining games left today and two more tomorrow.

At the time of this writing, New York Giants is leading, 17-0 over the Washington Redskins.

Let's go seahawks!!! Fully fit wide recievers and a fit hasselbeck along with the departure of Mike Holmgren should see us make the play offs again this year after a terrible season last year, that was because of injuries though. Exciting times ahead I reckon.

I will be disappointed if we don't get in the post season although i don;t see us as superbowl winners unfortunately.

Currently up 21-0 agaisnt the rams, Carlson with 2 TD's today. Fans loud as hell, I am watching it on justin.tv since it is not a sky game!

The latest results of the last remaining four games:

Washington 17

New York Giants 23

St. Louis 0

Seattle 28

With about 3 mins left, San Francisco 20 Arizona 16 (currently has the ball)

UPDATED Final: San Francisco 20 Arizona 16

Tonight's game-- Chicago at Green Bay (7:20 pm CT)

It aint gonna be the 49ers that's for sure :P

Huge win for them today though

Yeah a decent win. Can't see them doing too much though. Doesn't help that their first draft pick looks like he's going to sit out the season and re-enter the draft next year. The thing with the 49ers is they never really make the playoffs but they finish well enough that they don't get decent draft picks either.

I usually watch the Superbowl but the regular season not as much because games are usually on about 10 in morning when I'm doing stuff here. I've got the recordable box this season though so might record a few games.

Game over, GB wins

Stay tuned for tomorrow night's two games:

Buffalo at New England (I'm sure cstamomusa will be paying attention to this game)

San Diego at Oakland.

TG, off the point, I saw the U.S. Soccer website which mentions that there will be a U.S. vs Costa Rica game at RFK Stadium on Wednesday, October 14, so I am wondering if you plan to go to that game.

Game over, GB wins

Stay tuned for tomorrow night's two games:

Buffalo at New England (I'm sure cstamomusa will be paying attention to this game)

San Diego at Oakland.

TG, off the point, I saw the U.S. Soccer website which mentions that there will be a U.S. vs Costa Rica game at RFK Stadium on Wednesday, October 14, so I am wondering if you plan to go to that game.

Maybe, RFK is kind of a dump, and it will probably be 70-30% Costa Rican supporters. Hopefully they can qualify in Honduras so this game becomes essentially meaningless