The Manchester derby

Danny

Distinctly feisty derby on Sunday - Adebayor will be a big loss, but City have started the new season fantastically including the Arsenal result showing they are the real deal.

Hughes so far is proving me wrong - he seems to be doing a decent job - albeit his press displays lack a bit of dignity at times. He's almost as bad as SAF. And he really shouldn't be defending Adebayor publicly.

As for the football side of things, I guess Santa Cruz will replace Adebayor?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox Soccer Channel said last night that Santa Cruz is out but Tevez should be back.

Can see United winning this 2-1.

Depends on the formation City go with - 3 up top of Robinho, Tevez and Bellamy would be very effective but leave them vulnerable to the counter. 2 up front tightens things.

Fox Soccer Channel said last night that Santa Cruz is out but Tevez should be back.

Depends on the formation City go with - 3 up top of Robinho, Tevez and Bellamy would be very effective but leave them vulnerable to the counter. 2 up front tightens things.

robinho adebayor tevez and santa cruz are all out but tevez is 50/50 on making it 2-0 united , rooney and owen

robinho adebayor tevez and santa cruz are all out but tevez is 50/50 on making it 2-0 united , rooney and owen

If all 5 of them are out City will struggle big time. Bellamy really isn't going to be able to do it all alone. Who the hell else is there?

And how unlucky to have your 5 rolls royce forwards all out.

Just because they beat Arsenal doesn't make them the real deal at all. Let's judge them after 38 games. Like EVERY team in the EPL.

Had you watched them play their 4 games so far, you'd know they probably are the real deal. I've only seen two of their games, look mighty impressive to me.

Still can't see past Man U winning 4 in a row this year though.

Just because they beat Arsenal doesn't make them the real deal at all. Let's judge them after 38 games. Like EVERY team in the EPL.

Had you watched them play their 4 games so far, you'd know they probably are the real deal. I've only seen two of their games, look mighty impressive to me.

Yes i have watched them and they were actually lucky to beat Wolves who should of got a point. They have rode their luck a lot at times as well.

You can't judge anyside after only 4 games into a long season with the league based over 38 games, then add on the cup games etc. 4 games in, too early to throw around real deal tags.

Can't see anything but an United win. (tu)

United are just hitting top form and after two great away wins at Tottenham and Besiktas, I can see them taking all three points. Rooney is on top of his form at the moment and I have a feeling he may get a couple at the weekend.

Again for me, United or Chelsea for the title although City are heading in the right direction and may be champions next season. Certainly top four this season I think.

I dont think City beating Arsenal proves anything, they done the exact same last season 3-1 IIRC,

Its the games away to the stokes, blackburns etc when things arent going your way that determine wether or not you will be up there,

I hope City beat Man U as i cant stand them but the head is telling me nothing other than a win for United

Yes i have watched them and they were actually lucky to beat Wolves who should of got a point. They have rode their luck a lot at times as well.

You can't judge anyside after only 4 games into a long season with the league based over 38 games, then add on the cup games etc. 4 games in, too early to throw around real deal tags.

4 games is nothing, lets see how they cope once they lose a couple and how they cope when they aren't playing well - can they grind out the results the way that Man U do?