The difference between...

plymouthranger

The MAIN reason why there is such a huge distance between ourselves and the rest of Europe is one fundamental flaw in our football. One that neither Eck or Walter have ever addressed. Only PLG corrected this, and we had a player revolt because our players are too f*cking lazy!

PASS AND MOVE! Why oh why can't our players move once they have played a ball. Sorry to quote Alan Hansen, but its so true! Why do we stand docile once we have played a ball. This needs to be installed in our current crop of players now!

This is why Mendes got sent off for silly challenges, he plays a pass and then stands hands on hips expecting the defense to part like the red f*cking sea. If he moved off the ball he wouldn't need to jump in on rash challenges when passes go astray.

But its not just Pedro, nobody in this team seems to understand this fundamental concept. The only exception being perhaps Miller and Davis, and quite frankly we can't expect the two of the to be our entire forward motion of the team.

Walter can't even play the "international break shakes things up" card now, get it sorted! I am far from a fickle fan but quite frankly no win in 3 games is dire, and being honest we were lucky as hell to beat Hearts. Get our players to stop being so static when going forward, and we'll overwhelm the likes of Killie ffs! Brown is the most inept keeper i have seen at SPL standard, Francis Jeffers could probably net a hat-trick against him! So how the hell did we not manage to even score today?

Lost count of how many times I've said it, but the Scottish mentality of 'a decent big lad is better than a good small lad' is crippling the game.

People who know a lot more about Scottish football than myself have said that neither Xavi or Iniesta would have made it through the levels in the Scottish game, purely down to their size.

And that my friends is why we look terrible in comparison.

The MAIN reason why there is such a huge distance between ourselves and the rest of Europe is one fundamental flaw in our football. One that neither Eck or Walter have ever addressed. Only PLG corrected this, and we had a player revolt because our players are too f*cking lazy!

PASS AND MOVE! Why oh why can't our players move once they have played a ball. Sorry to quote Alan Hansen, but its so true! Why do we stand docile once we have played a ball. This needs to be installed in our current crop of players now!

This is why Mendes got sent off for silly challenges, he plays a pass and then stands hands on hips expecting the defense to part like the red f*cking sea. If he moved off the ball he wouldn't need to jump in on rash challenges when passes go astray.

But its not just Pedro, nobody in this team seems to understand this fundamental concept. The only exception being perhaps Miller and Davis, and quite frankly we can't expect the two of the to be our entire forward motion of the team.

Walter can't even play the "international break shakes things up" card now, get it sorted! I am far from a fickle fan but quite frankly no win in 3 games is dire, and being honest we were lucky as hell to beat Hearts. Get our players to stop being so static when going forward, and we'll overwhelm the likes of Killie ffs! Brown is the most inept keeper i have seen at SPL standard, Francis Jeffers could probably net a hat-trick against him! So how the hell did we not manage to even score today?

I completely agree. I have said here before that a midfielder especially should never be standing still; every top class team has movement off and on the ball,in possession and when it doesn't have the ball.

I'm a sports coach by profession and kids are taught to pass and move at a very early age and very early stage of their progression.

All the right work is being done at grass roots level, and has been happening for years, but when the kids get older, they start to believe more in their own abilty and as such, mentally lose focus on how to do the right things. The coaches in this country have long since failed to address the situation at this sort of ager group. (Think it was 13-17).

PLG had them going fitness wise.

i admit he did but to me his job is to ensure 3 points,rangers have loads coaching staff whose job it is to keep the players fit , it is their own responsibility though and some of them forget that

No doubt this thread will turn into a PLG debate, but when PLG came in and upped the fitness regime and banned no rash tackles in training to concentrate on one touch pass and move techniques, you're average fan was outraged and laughed at the idea.

Coaches on the continent always work on technique first, and that's why they produce better youth players.

Were going a bit off topic but no many Scottish players end up playing abroad, and it's no hard to see why.

imo the typical scottish mentality of "i've done my bit, let the others do the rest now" has a massive part to play

its no surprise that the players outwith this have had stints in the better leagues (davis, mendes, miller....yes miller and bougherra)

what you find in the scottish players that have been nowhere else is when they pick up the ball and make a decent pass the stand back and think "fuck that its someone elses turn now"

i know they are a far better team than us, but look at when barca get the ball, their left back may recieve the ball from the centre half, but if you look closely the right back, right mid, forwards etc are all making different moves to include themselves in the upcoming attack, enabling the man on the ball to have loads of options

arsenal are the same, no matter who has the ball, there is always 2 players in space to receive a pass, even if the move has to go back, its better to keep the ball than to lump it up to the forwards

le guen's 4-2-3-1 tried that and it was working to an extent, we were missing loads of chances that should have been scored, and it was a pity our defence was rotten in the air

it was no surprise or coincidence that le guen was guff in scotland, but undefeated in europe and actually had us going into euro games with belief of beating anyone in front of us, if he stayed i believe we could have beaten osassuna, and maybe went further than we did

PLG corrected feck all......

The problem is the lack of money. Smaller teams having no money is meaning they can't buy classy players so are settleing for big hard tacklers who couldn't kick there own arse. This effects our team choice as it means we have to have players in our team who can adapt to being kicked about.

PLG corrected feck all......

he tried too, but we all know what happened with the born and bread scottish lazy bastards

The problem is the lack of money. Smaller teams having no money is meaning they can't buy classy players so are settleing for big hard tacklers who couldn't kick there own arse. This effects our team choice as it means we have to have players in our team who can adapt to being kicked about.

Smaller teams outpass us,have better movement, better pace and have far better ball control.They tend not to have decent strikers or consistent defenders otherwise we would lose far more points than we do. Not many hammer throwers nowadays in the spl.