Do we have a proper, true leader in the current Rangers squad?

papaguy51

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Davie Weir? :rolleyes:

Davie Weir's a proper Rangers man, a credit to the club and probably the best option we have just now.

But we do we have that sort of captain like a Gerrard, Terry or Keane that will snarl and rip through his teammates in order to inspire a performance that will change zero or one point(s) into three?

That's kinda what I'm getting at.

Davie Weir's a proper Rangers man, a credit to the club and probably the best option we have just now.

But we do we have that sort of captain like a Gerrard, Terry or Keane that will snarl and rip through his teammates in order to inspire a performance that will change zero or one point(s) into three?

thats y my answer is no

Oh right, misunderstood :lol:

In that sense probably not then.. Thomson has the potential to be one IMO.

Would anyone shoot me down if I suggested Big Lee Legend?

Not from what we saw on Saturday...

Previous year's teams had at least 2 or 3 guys when we weren't playing well, you could just tell they would say "There's no f*cking way we're losing this game!" and take over, but I don't really see anybody in the current squad that has that same mentality.

Oh right, misunderstood :lol:

In that sense probably not then.. Thomson has the potential to be one IMO.

Would anyone shoot me down if I suggested Big Lee Legend?

Everyone will interpret my question differently I suppose.

That's just my definition of 'real' captaincy.

It depends on what you regard as a leader?

If you are talking about somebody that will scream and shout at players, then no we don't. But if you mean somebody that the players look upto and respect then, yes we do in Weir.

The role of a true leader has changed in football over the years.

In that case - NAW

Closest to that would be McGregor. Or McCulloch, if he was a better player!

do we hell. last decent one was amoroso for a while before he lost it towards the end, but gough was the last great one.

barry was a good rangers player but he tended to take too much on with the role which detracted from his game and others at times.

madjid is the one player in the team who could do it down the road but he wont be here long enough.

thomson is not the answer, i am still not convinced he is good enough to be a long term established and automatic pick for the first 11.

do we hell. last decent one was amoroso for a while before he lost it towards the end, but gough was the last great one.

barry was a good rangers player but he tended to take too much on with the role which detracted from his game and others at times.

madjid is the one player in the team who could do it down the road but he wont be here long enough.

thomson is not the answer, i am still not convinced he is good enough to be a long term established and automatic pick for the first 11.

Seriously?

I think within 18 months he'll either be one of the best midfielder's we've had in years, or playing for a EPL team.

Seriously?

I think within 18 months he'll either be one of the best midfielder's we've had in years, or playing for a EPL team.

i just cant see what all the fuss about him is , i prefer edu in that role, just my opinion though,

In our current squad, no.

We have players who are a good example to other players in terms of not getting into trouble off the field and working hard in training. Players like Weir, Thomson and Davis are players in our current squad who are good examples.

However a proper leader consists of the things above and the ability to lead by the performances on the pitch, stand up for their teammates on the field but can tell their teammates in the need telling. They must demand respect from their colleagues and must also give their all for the club. Gerrard and John Terry are prime examples.

Seriously?

i just cant see what all the fuss about him is , i prefer edu in that role, just my opinion though,

Nah of course, each to their own and all that.

But I'd have Thommo and Edu with Davis as my midfield 3 when Pedro's gone (tu)