Looks like Lafferty will be back for Aberdeen

Boab

My apologises again for saying it was last week however Ally seemed positive about it at the time: Kyle, meanwhile, has had injuries and a suspension but he's back and raring to go. He has been scoring good goals lately and he's a handful."

Published on 22 Sep 2009

Kyle Lafferty is set to make his first appearance of the season for Rangers against Aberdeen at Ibrox on Saturday, the same fixture in which he caused controversy by feigning injury and subsequently received a three-match ban from the Scottish FA.

The Northern Ireland forward has returned to training after sustaining knee damage for his country against Poland in their World Cup qualifier earlier this month. He will not be risked for tomorrow’s 
Co-operative Insurance Cup tie at Queen of the South but could make the squad for the visit of Mark McGhee’s side.

Lafferty was punished retro­spectively by the SFA for the clash that led to Charlie Mulgrew being sent off for an alleged headbutt. After reviewing the incident, the referee Stuart Dougal, who has since retired, rescinded the original red card, while Lafferty was given a three-match ban for deceiving the official.

Lafferty has played no part in Rangers’ season thus far but is likely to be given at least part of the game against Aberdeen to prove his fitness and put himself into contention for a starting place against Celtic in the first Old Firm derby of the season the following Saturday and for the Champions League Group G tie against Seville at home on September 29.

Will post more official news when there is some about the likelihood however Walter did say:

Official text there said '...But Lafferty out until next weekend at least'

My apologises.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/ra...ksEnabled=false

"This as a big season for me," he said. "Last season I heard a lot of people talking rubbish, saying I wasn't good enough to play for Rangers.

"My mates told me people's opinions of me and I tried to laugh it off, but it hurt. It's something you think about when you're on your own.

"But I know I've got the heart to play for Rangers. That makes up more than half of what's needed, but I also believe I have the ability.

"It took me a while to get into my stride, a long while. I did okay towards the end of the season but there's a lot more I can show the fans.

"People said I was beginning to play well towards the end of last season but I didn't see it that way.

"The second half of the season was a lot better than the first half, I must admit that. But I was still nowhere near my best."

Laffery, who served a three-match suspension at the start of the campaign for his behaviour in the now infamous Mulgrew incident, has admitted that he has been frustrated at the way his season has started.

"I thought my luck was changing," he said. "Then another injury came along.

"I just can't seem to get a run of games for club and country. It's frustrating."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...ns_comeback.php

My apologises again for saying it was last week however Ally seemed positive about it at the time: Kyle, meanwhile, has had injuries and a suspension but he's back and raring to go. He has been scoring good goals lately and he's a handful."

Published on 22 Sep 2009

Kyle Lafferty is set to make his first appearance of the season for Rangers against Aberdeen at Ibrox on Saturday, the same fixture in which he caused controversy by feigning injury and subsequently received a three-match ban from the Scottish FA.

The Northern Ireland forward has returned to training after sustaining knee damage for his country against Poland in their World Cup qualifier earlier this month. He will not be risked for tomorrow’s 
Co-operative Insurance Cup tie at Queen of the South but could make the squad for the visit of Mark McGhee’s side.

Lafferty was punished retro­spectively by the SFA for the clash that led to Charlie Mulgrew being sent off for an alleged headbutt. After reviewing the incident, the referee Stuart Dougal, who has since retired, rescinded the original red card, while Lafferty was given a three-match ban for deceiving the official.

Lafferty has played no part in Rangers’ season thus far but is likely to be given at least part of the game against Aberdeen to prove his fitness and put himself into contention for a starting place against Celtic in the first Old Firm derby of the season the following Saturday and for the Champions League Group G tie against Seville at home on September 29.

Will post more official news when there is some about the likelihood however Walter did say:

Official text there said '...But Lafferty out until next weekend at least'

My apologises.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/ra...ksEnabled=false

"This as a big season for me," he said. "Last season I heard a lot of people talking rubbish, saying I wasn't good enough to play for Rangers.

"My mates told me people's opinions of me and I tried to laugh it off, but it hurt. It's something you think about when you're on your own.

"But I know I've got the heart to play for Rangers. That makes up more than half of what's needed, but I also believe I have the ability.

"It took me a while to get into my stride, a long while. I did okay towards the end of the season but there's a lot more I can show the fans.

"People said I was beginning to play well towards the end of last season but I didn't see it that way.

"The second half of the season was a lot better than the first half, I must admit that. But I was still nowhere near my best."

Laffery, who served a three-match suspension at the start of the campaign for his behaviour in the now infamous Mulgrew incident, has admitted that he has been frustrated at the way his season has started.

"I thought my luck was changing," he said. "Then another injury came along.

"I just can't seem to get a run of games for club and country. It's frustrating."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...ns_comeback.php

Another extract from the media, your contribution to this forum is shocking :pipe:

Another extract from the media, your contribution to this forum is shocking :pipe:

My contribution is better in a week than you'll ever make ever on RM, piss off.

You cant give a personal opinion you just post extracts you are useless and everybody on here says so

You cant give a personal opinion you just post extracts you are useless and everybody on here says so

l didnt :ph34r:

Ur a tim or you've been here before, ie: been banned. To say I can't give an opinion is the biggest load of shite ever.

Ur a tim or you've been here before, ie: been banned. To say I can't give an opinion is the biggest load of shite ever.

I think you are a tim because you cant give an opinion or get on with the rest of the bears on here

I think you are a tim because you cant give an opinion or get on with the rest of the bears on here

Good for you. But I'm not the first person to be suspicious of ye and I wouldn't usually hand uot comments like that.