Villarreal v Real Madrid

Muff

Now being someone who wanted Ronaldo to do badly at Real, due to his attitude and body language during the whole of last season. He never celebrated any of his team-mates goals last season and when he scored, he never really celebrated with any real passion. I thought it was a total disrespect to the manager and the club as a whole, who made the player he is today. As a repercussion his form dipped. Since he's been at Madrid though, he has found that passion again, and seems to be enjoying himself again. He is starting to show why he is the World Player of the Year.

It looks like it's going to be very tight between Barcelona and Real Madrid this year.

I can't wait for El Classico;

Messi v Ronaldo

Valdes v Casillas

Alves v Ramos

Iniesta v Kaka

Toure v Alonso

Xavi v Guti

Ibrahimovic v Benzema

dont get this World Player of the year, as the name would suggest do you not think that a player who consistantly does it on the WORLD stage should be getting the award rather than on someones domestic form.

He did derserve it.

That season when he scored 40 odd goals there was no doubt, he was the best player in the world. Top scorer in the Premiership and the Champions League. Since he got the award though he hasn't shown the form he produced to recieve it, until now - although Madrid have only played one team with quality so far this season. (Villarreal). The rest have been against not so strong opponents.

Theres no chance in hell he will win the award at the end of this year, that award will go to one of the 'Barca three' - Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. (tu)

It looks like it's going to be very tight between Barcelona and Real Madrid this year.

Messi v Ronaldo

Valdes v Casillas

Alves v Ramos

Iniesta v Kaka

Toure v Alonso

Xavi v Guti

Ibrahimovic v Benzema

At the moment I can still see Barcelona beating Madrid to the title this season. Madrid have only played Villarreal that have any real quality so far this season. Against Zurich their defence still looked very shaky.

Yes, on paper Madrid can match Barca, but, as a team Barca are still streets ahead. For sure though the first El Classico will tell us so much. When is it?

dont get this World Player of the year, as the name would suggest do you not think that a player who consistantly does it on the WORLD stage should be getting the award rather than on someones domestic form.

He did derserve it.

That season when he scored 40 odd goals there was no doubt, he was the best player in the world. Top scorer in the Premiership and the Champions League. Since he got the award though he hasn't shown the form he produced to recieve it, until now - although Madrid have only played one team with quality so far this season. (Villarreal). The rest have been against not so strong opponents.

Theres no chance in hell he will win the award at the end of this year, that award will go to one of the 'Barca three' - Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. (tu)

Dont get me wrong he was amazing and deserves Euro player of the year and EPL and CL etc. but thats not on the world stage , just domestic and european (european player of the year). The World Player of the year should be for someone that produces the goods at international level on a consistant basis. (tu) Just one of my crazy opinions :lol:

He did derserve it.

Dont get me wrong he was amazing and deserves Euro player of the year and EPL and CL etc. but thats not on the world stage , just domestic and european (european player of the year). The World Player of the year should be for someone that produces the goods at international level on a consistant basis. (tu) Just one of my crazy opinions :lol:

On that basis players like David Healy and Ebi Smolarek would be in contention for World Player of the Year. International level isn't the highest standard of football IMO, the Champions League is of higher standard with more World class teams.

Messi v Ronaldo

Valdes v Casillas

Alves v Ramos

Iniesta v Kaka

Toure v Alonso

Xavi v Guti

Ibrahimovic v Benzema

Imo, Barca still have the better overall team, but its going to be a gret year for the nuetral fan.

I agree with all that, but, I think it's a close call between Toure and Alonso. Alonso is a fabulous player and his passing is a joy to behold, but, Toure is getting better and better everytime I see him and is one of the most underrated midfielders in the world.

He did derserve it.

On that basis players like David Healy and Ebi Smolarek would be in contention for World Player of the Year. International level isn't the highest standard of football IMO, the Champions League is of higher standard with more World class teams.

i see where you are coming from bud, what i meant was at the The World cup etc not qualifiers that way it should only be the best teams from each continent.

i see where you are coming from bud, what i meant was at the The World cup etc not qualifiers that way it should only be the best teams from each continent.

Even at the World Cup you get teams like Trinadad & Tobago and Angola. Even if you look at next years World Cup you are not guranteed the likes of France, Portugal and Argentina. That takes out alot of the best players in the world out of the tournament. I don't think you can judge the World Player of the Year on a tournament that only lasts one month of the year.

Even at the World Cup you get teams like Trinadad & Tobago and Angola. Even if you look at next years World Cup you are not guranteed the likes of France, Portugal and Argentina. That takes out alot of the best players in the world out of the tournament. I don't think you can judge the World Player of the Year on a tournament that only lasts one month of the year.

Stop talking me out of my own stupid opinion :lol: