Davie Weir.

FUDGIE52

The guy is spent and Rangers will rue sticking with him, he has done really well for us but he should,ve went at the end of last season.

He really stuggled tonight and the longer the season goes on the worse he,s going to get he,s will cost us games.

I think tonight showed this season may have been a season too far for the bigman. Don't get me wrong, i love Davie, he's been a great player for us, but theres a very awkward time when you just have to say, 'sorry it's not working anymore'.

He's getting caught out too much now.

I think tonight showed this season may have been a season too far for the bigman. Don't get me wrong, i love Davie, he's been a great player for us, but theres a very awkward time when you just have to say, 'sorry it's not working anymore'.

He's getting caught out too much now.

Sadly I have to agree. I fear the worst this season and dread what Seville might do to him. I hope he proves me wrong.

Who replaces him? Wilson is not ready to play the rest of the season, and I sure as fuck don't want McCulloch in there.

How do you know he's not ready?

I'm not a fan of answering questions with another question, but are you honestly suggesting the way forward is to throw Wilson in at the deep end, and play him game in, game out until the end of the season?

The problem with playing Davie against good opposition, such as in the Champions League, is that it demands that Rangers sit deep, practically on top of their own 18 yard box, so that he doesn't get exposed for pace.

That draws the midfield deep, and leaves the forward line (ie, Miller) on his own, isolated and waiting for decent counter attacking breaks.

As was shown two years ago, this can work. With a bit of luck. But that was two years ago.

Stuttgart was fine, almost great, in fact, and I think in the new Naismith Rangers have a guy who can really burst forward from deep and cause opposition defences problems.

But the fact that Davie Weir clearly struggled against Queen of the South tonight, and may be carrying an injury as well as 40 years under his belt, doesn't auger well for the Seville game.

They are seriously good and fast.

I think the game will be similar to Barcelona a couple of years ago, with the boys defending deep, even at home.

It won't be pretty but, at present, we don't seem to have any other option.

i think its 1 to far for him, after seeing him imo struggle 2nite against QoS, i reallly fear for us against seville and maybe even celtic if we dont turn up

and we dont know wilsons not ready unless we actually give him a game, we had another chance tonight which we didnt take

also we cannot recall webster from loan

Who replaces him? Wilson is not ready to play the rest of the season, and I sure as fuck don't want McCulloch in there.

I'm not a fan of answering questions with another question, but are you honestly suggesting the way forward is to throw Wilson in at the deep end, and play him game in, game out until the end of the season?

You may not be, but, that was a fair one. Every sign points to Wilson being a fine player, and, nobody actually knows how he will do, since, we havent seen him in the first team. You might be right, and, he might not be ready, but, at the same time, he could be a revalation

How did ANY youngster start though? That's the question you need to ask.

Throwing them into the League Cup against QOTS isn't what I'd call the 'deep end'. Quite the opposite in fact, I'd call it the perfect opportunity.

No, i asked how he knew that Danny Wilson wasn't ready. I thought that was clear.

What happened to playing 3 games in a week Walter?

Stuttgart, Killie, QoS and then Aberdeen, Sevilla and celtc... Danny Wilson had to start last night IMO!

It's simple Amac. It's more BS from Walter.

Last night was the perfect opportunity to give someone like Wilson a chance.

Let's face it, we have far more important games coming up than QoS.