***The Official Rangers v Celtc Thread***

NORTHERN IRISH youngster Andy Little will make his first start for Rangers today in the massive Old Firm derby as Walter Smith has been forced to dramatically revamp his team as a result of injuries and illness.

Little, who has played just 15 minutes of top team football, will play at right in a make-shift Rangers defence with Sasa Papac playing centre half and Stevie Whittaker moving to left back.

The stunning changes have ocurred as both Madjid Bougherra and Lee McCulloch have been ruled out as a result of a flu bug.

There are big changes in midfield too with Kevin Thomson out as a a result of soreness in his knee and boss Smith has opted to draft in Stevie Smith on the left side of midfield which means no place for loan signing Jerome Rothen.

Stevie Naismith will play on the right with Pedro Mendes and Steve Davis in the centre and Smith has also reunited Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller up front for a match Rangers really need to win.

Little is highly rated at Murray Park and can play either up front or at the back. He came on for Boyd for the last nine minutes of last season's Scottish Cup semi-final win over St Mirren and got six minutes last weekend against Aberdeen as a sub for Miller.

Rangers have used him at right back in training matches and bounce games but it will undoubtedly be a massive test for the 20-year-old.

The other big news is that Kyle Lafferty has made the bench for the first derby of the season.

RANGERS: McGregor; Little, Weir, Papac, Whittaker; Naismith, Mendes, Davis, Smith; Bod,Miller.

SUBS: Alexander, Novo, Lafferty, Rothen, Fleck, Wilson, Loy.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris Boyd to score at any-time - 2/1?

Who cares?

Its as if Boyds never scored an old firm goal, the amount some people go on about him. :sherlock:

:lol:

You heading to the game today Boab?

Nah, they sit where I do (the Broomloan) though I'd considered buying/treating me and a friend to hospitality for today but didn't.

Heading out soon though to drop my cousin off at Hardgate bus-stop, you might know where that is actually :P

The shite: Boruc; Wilson, McManus, Loovens, Naylor; McGeady, Brown, Zhi, N'Guemo, Maloney; McDonald.

SUBS: Zaluska, Caldwell, Samaras, Crosas, McCourt, Forrest, Caddis.

Big game for Zhi, is it his complete debut or has he come on as a sub?

be interesting to see who performs better, Little or Zhi

Kris Boyd to score at any-time - 2/1?

Who cares?

Its as if Boyds never scored an old firm goal, the amount some people go on about him. :sherlock:

:lol:

You heading to the game today Boab?

Nah, they sit where I do (the Broomloan) though I'd considered buying/treating me and a friend to hospitality for today but didn't.

Heading out soon though to drop my cousin off at Hardgate bus-stop, you might know where that is actually :P

Near the golf club? :pipe:

Dont know up that way that well really, just pass through on my way to Dumbarton or wherever. Knew it better when i went on holiday to Drumchapel :lol: