Best football we've played

just thinking back that since walter came back , that the best football we have played under him was the few games we played a proper 4-3-3 with naismith left- boyd/darcheville centre- burke right , i think it would be good if we went back to this, but dont know who would play on the right now tho

he said before this season started that we would adopt a more attacking 4-3-3 formation as we had used it successfully in preseason but after lafferty got injured or cause he was suspended we started 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and never got back to that 4-3-3 :( we live in hope though. i agree that in the spl 4-3-3 is the way to go mendes thomson and davis if they get their fingers out will run any midfield they will come up against in the spl and with 3 up top? goals for a change?

I think the football we were playin pre-season looked really good. Dare I say it i think that in europe this season we have actually played some of our best football, unfortunately that hasnt brought results tho.

When gubbed Hearts 4-0 at tynecastle was the last time we played good football.

Pedro Mendes debut if im not mistaken? I remember thinking we had a great signing on our hands, unfortunately his form has dipped a bit since then! That really was a game where I was blown away by the way we played football :praise:

Pedro Mendes debut if im not mistaken? I remember thinking we had a great signing on our hands, unfortunately his form has dipped a bit since then! That really was a game where I was blown away by the way we played football :praise:

I don't think that was Mendes debut, Mendes made his Rangers debut in a 2-0 win against Hearts at Ibrox, at the start of last season.

The 4-0 win at Tyncastle was when Darcheville scored twice in the first half, then Novo came on for him at half time, and scored another 2, including a very cheeky backheel :D

I thought Davis scored in that game at tynecastle?

Na, Davis only scored one goal in the season he was on loan, that was against Werder Bremen in the UEFA Cup.

I think he might of set one or two of the goals up.

We have had a dip in form, but hopefully the OF win will set us on our way. No Boyd for a while so a lot of happy Bears? Best football was at Tannadice last season.

Oh yeah, that game was great :clap: . I like Boyd, but he is kinda going through a goal drought, though I think he might of scored more than most of the Septic strikers. It gives Big Kyle a chance to shine through the middle though, which is positive. :happy:

I don't think that was Mendes debut, Mendes made his Rangers debut in a 2-0 win against Hearts at Ibrox, at the start of last season.

The 4-0 win at Tyncastle was when Darcheville scored twice in the first half, then Novo came on for him at half time, and scored another 2, including a very cheeky backheel :D

Christian Dailly's debut. He was outstanding that game.

Singing "There's only one Paul Gascoigne" as well. Great game.

Christian Dailly's debut. He was outstanding that game.

Singing "There's only one Paul Gascoigne" as well. Great game.

That was after panathinaikos wasnt it? "Lets all do the nacho", I loved that!

We play good football in almost every match. The only thing is that it does not last for long.

Last season against: Celtc 4-2, Hibs 3-0, 3-0 Inverness, and the last day of the SPL season, we played some cracking stuff.

Again, we have seen it in spurts this season, even better than previous seasons: Stuttgart, Sevilla, Hearts, against Celtc last week....

When we play football, we play some pretty neat stuff. We have the players, they just don't show it enough - some of the quick, short, neat passing, and movement, along with waves of attacks is pretty damn good.

Not in Walter's time, but remember PLG's first game away to Motherwell?

Some of the stuff we played in that game was incredible! It was the most one-sided 2-1 I think I've ever seen.

Not often do I say "It should have been ten" and mean it, but it really should have been that day.