Coisty on not moving himself when he was a player

Boab

RANGERS legend Ally McCoist has revealed he turned down the chance to play in England's Premier League and Europe during his career - and never regretted his decision.

Now he has urged Light Blues hitman Kris Boyd to tread the same path as him and stay at Ibrox.

McCoist readily admits the striker, who is in talks with Rangers about a new deal, could make more money by moving to England or Europe.

Boyd, who turned down a big-money deal to join Birmingham last January and who has hit more than 100 goals for Rangers, is free to talk to interested parties in January.

However, McCoist hopes the striker will not make his decision based solely on finances.

It was the fact the Rangers No.2 was happy with his surroundings and contracts that made him shun England and Europe during his playing days.

The twice European Golden Boot winner insists he has never regretted the fact he did not quit Ibrox and hopes Boyd will arrive at the same conclusion.

McCoist, speaking after bagging a hat-trick in the shadow of Ibrox Stadium as a team of former pros drew 6-6 with an MSP's XI in a bounce game for Show Racism the Red Card, said: "I had one or two chances in my career to leave Rangers and play in England and in Europe but I never wanted to leave.

"People ask me why I didn't go to England or Europe. It's simple, I was too busy loving it at Ibrox, playing in Europe every year and scoring goals for Rangers, the club I supported as a boy in front of 50,000 fans every week.

"That did me but sometimes that is not enough for modern-day footballers because of the finances on offer elsewhere."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21736660/

RANGERS legend Ally McCoist has revealed he turned down the chance to play in England's Premier League and Europe during his career - and never regretted his decision.

Now he has urged Light Blues hitman Kris Boyd to tread the same path as him and stay at Ibrox.

McCoist readily admits the striker, who is in talks with Rangers about a new deal, could make more money by moving to England or Europe.

Boyd, who turned down a big-money deal to join Birmingham last January and who has hit more than 100 goals for Rangers, is free to talk to interested parties in January.

However, McCoist hopes the striker will not make his decision based solely on finances.

It was the fact the Rangers No.2 was happy with his surroundings and contracts that made him shun England and Europe during his playing days.

The twice European Golden Boot winner insists he has never regretted the fact he did not quit Ibrox and hopes Boyd will arrive at the same conclusion.

McCoist, speaking after bagging a hat-trick in the shadow of Ibrox Stadium as a team of former pros drew 6-6 with an MSP's XI in a bounce game for Show Racism the Red Card, said: "I don't know where you go after leaving a club like Rangers - or Celtic for that matter - and I think Kris knows that.

"He will make his own decision and I do not think for a minute it will be based solely on finance.

"Knowing him as I do, I know he loves his football and he loves putting the ball in the back of the net and that will be the biggest incentive in whether he stays or goes.

"Wherever he ends up he will want to score goals with regularity and hopefully that is with us but that will always be his priority.

"There is more money available down south and in Europe and if he wants that he can chase it and I don't have any doubt he could earn a lot more.

"I had one or two chances in my career to leave Rangers and play in England and in Europe but I never wanted to leave.

"People ask me why I didn't go to England or Europe. It's simple, I was too busy loving it at Ibrox, playing in Europe every year and scoring goals for Rangers, the club I supported as a boy in front of 50,000 fans every week.

"That did me but sometimes that is not enough for modern-day footballers because of the finances on offer elsewhere.

"If Boydy is happy with what is offered then I hope he stays."

I know this is away off topic boab,Davie cooper could have played in any leauge in the world,as could ally.This just goes to show how these great men never wanted to leave glasgow rangers.They had a bond with our support,thats why they love or loved glasgow rangers.Davie cooper,RIP.

I know this is away off topic boab,Davie cooper could have played in any leauge in the world,as could ally.This just goes to show how these great men never wanted to leave glasgow rangers.They had a bond with our support,thats why they love or loved glasgow rangers.Davie cooper,RIP.

Not off topic at all mate, its a good thing.

Not off topic at all mate, its a good thing.

Cooper,ally the best,gasgoine,laudrup,hatley,could go on, it would take me all night so i'll not.

McCoist, speaking after bagging a hat-trick in the shadow of Ibrox Stadium as a team of former pros drew 6-6 with an MSP's XI in a bounce game for Show Racism the Red Card, said: "I had one or two chances in my career to leave Rangers and play in England and in Europe but I never wanted to leave.

"That did me but sometimes that is not enough for modern-day footballers because of the finances on offer elsewhere."

It's alright for McCoist to say this now, but it was a different situation when he was playing for us all those years ago.

:D Get coisty signed :craphead: