Xavi or Scholesy

Gaz52

Xavi or Scholes  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Of whom is/was the better player

• Xavi
    • Scholesy

Now i realise Xavi is 5 years younger than Scholes but do you think Scholes was a better player when he was 29 than Xavi is now?

They're both incredible passers of the ball with amazing vision

It's a tricky one!

I'll vote Scholesy just for the goals he's scored

Xavi by a mile!!

Hes been the heart of Barcelona's midfield since he was 18, you could say that Scholes has done the same at Man Utd.

But in terms of ability and what they offer a team Xavi is a different league to Scholes imo.

Xavi - more disciplined, better on the ball, more creative, a better passer of the ball, contributes more....

Xavi has been one of the best playmakers for the last 5-6 years. Not only is he one of the best passers, but his movement, especially into dangerous area's is so much more better than Scholes ever was.

Both in their peak, I'd take Xavi everytime.

I have to say its Xavi by a mile while I think Scholes was/is a good player, I dont think you could ever have put him in the top 5/10 in the world at his peak. And for my money Xavi is a top 5 player in the world.

It's a tough one and certainly in his prime Scholes was an absolutely fantastic player and a credit to the game because of his profesionalism and skill but I would think Xavi just shades it. the man just doesn't give the ball away and you very rarely seem him taking the square ball option as well. Would be some midfield though Xavi, Iniesta and Scholes

Xavi.

Paul Scholes was some player, and still is. The way he is able to ping the ball 60 yards across the pitch without making his team mates move a muscle is awesome. And 10 years ago when he was chipping in with 15+ goals from midfield puts him up there with Xavi.

But IMHO I would rather have Xavi in my team. He is on a different planet to any other player when it comes to passing, movement, vision and awareness.

Paul Scholes is the nearest the English have ever come to producing a cerebral player of the Fabregas/Xavi/Iniesta mould.

Scholes at his peak simply pissed on the current day Lampard/Gerrard. He was like a mix of early day Barry Ferguson and the aforementioned Gerrard.

I've ran out of superlatives during my time on here when it comes to describing Xavi and Iniesta, we'll leave it at that. :D