Boogie failed to report to training

gordov

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we draw or lose this game due to the defence being shite Walter has a lot to answer for.

WRONG!!!! If we had lost the game due to the defence being shite due to Bougherra being dropped its Bougherra that carries the can for NOT turning up - Walter does NOT drop players lightly but Walter will not be fucked around by anyone!

We should have lost that game yesterday by a few goals. Walter should have signed a centre half or at least not have got rid of Webster. Even think back to the McGregor/Ferguson debacle that Walter had to admit he fucked up on.

Dropping Bougherra is cutting your nose off to spite your face and it should have cost us 3 points yesterday, he's lucky it didn't. Internally discipline him with a fine, don't drop players for difficult games in a season we are playing shit enough in due to Walter's inability to get cover for key positions.

Absolute shite. He arrived at 11pm the night before, more than 2 days late. Forgetting how disrespecctful that is and that any player who has the audicity to do that needs brought back to Earth with a bump, he arrived about 13 and a half hrs before kick off! Thats not enough to get to the team hotel, get a good sleep, get up and get in the right frame of mind to play. Dropping Bougherra was 100% the right thing to do.

(tu)

If he played and looked off the pace or made big errors, everybody would be slating Walter for sticking him in the team

If we draw or lose this game due to the defence being shite Walter has a lot to answer for.

WRONG!!!! If we had lost the game due to the defence being shite due to Bougherra being dropped its Bougherra that carries the can for NOT turning up - Walter does NOT drop players lightly but Walter will not be fucked around by anyone!

We should have lost that game yesterday by a few goals. Walter should have signed a centre half or at least not have got rid of Webster. Even think back to the McGregor/Ferguson debacle that Walter had to admit he fucked up on.

Dropping Bougherra is cutting your nose off to spite your face and it should have cost us 3 points yesterday, he's lucky it didn't. Internally discipline him with a fine, don't drop players for difficult games in a season we are playing shit enough in due to Walter's inability to get cover for key positions.

Absolute shite. He arrived at 11pm the night before, more than 2 days late. Forgetting how disrespecctful that is and that any player who has the audicity to do that needs brought back to Earth with a bump, he arrived about 13 and a half hrs before kick off! Thats not enough to get to the team hotel, get a good sleep, get up and get in the right frame of mind to play. Dropping Bougherra was 100% the right thing to do.

(tu)

If he played and looked off the pace or made big errors, everybody would be slating Walter for sticking him in the team

'Off the pace' and 'big errors' is Lee McCulloch's nickname. Imagine big Bougherra told Smith to go fuck himself and done a Balde, we'd be absolutely fucked.

MADJID BOUGHERRA has talked his way out of a Rangers fine - after Walter Smith accepted the stopper's reason for going AWOL.

Bougy faced showdown talks with Smith after missing Saturday's win at St Johnstone.

But the Gers boss has been convinced Bougherra was not at fault for failing to report back on time from international duty.

The Algerian revealed he had his bag containing his passport and phone stolen in Paris just before he was due to fly back to Glasgow.

Smith said: "Madjid has explained the circumstances which led him to be late back from international duty and I accept what he's had to say.

"Initially I was led to believe his belongings were stolen on Monday, but it turns out that happened on Thursday.

"In fairness, his agent contacted Ally McCoist and told him of the situation. Having now spoken to Madjid there's no problem.

"That is the matter closed now."

Bougherra, who watched the win in Perth on the internet, is now bracing himself for an epic autumn as Gers defend the SPL title and chase a place in the last 16 of the Champions League.

He's also eyeing a place in both the World Cup Finals and African Cup of Nations when Algeria head for Egypt next month.

Bougherra, 27, said: "I would say this is probably going to be the most important month of my entire career for club and country.

"I hope to play against Unirea Urziceni on Tuesday and we know a win would help our chances of reaching the next phase.

"We also have some huge matches coming up in the league and I have one eye on the game against Egypt with Algeria."

Victory over Egypt would also send the Desert Foxes to the African finals in Angola in January - and rule out Bougy for up to a month of domestic action.

But he won't leave Scotland until after the Old Firm derby at New Year.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...f-the-hook.html

Published on 19 Oct 2009

Madjid Bougherra, the Rangers defender, last night said he will not be in trouble with Walter Smith, the Ibrox manager, for failing to report back from inter­national duty with Algeria until late on Friday night and, as a con­sequence, missed Saturday’s match against St Johnstone.

Bougherra claimed he had lost his passport, mobile phone and some money in Paris on the way home and that was the reason he didn’t make it back on time.

He revealed he has already held clear-the-air talks with Smith and he’s hoping to play against Unirea tomorrow night. Bougherra explained: “After Algeria’s game against Rwanda last Sunday, I had some days off. I had to be in Glasgow on Friday morning, but on the way home, I lost my passport, phone and money in Paris. I asked my agent to let the club know while I was dealing with the problems regarding my papers.

“I finally arrived back in Glasgow on Friday night and Walter Smith decided not to play me because I’d not trained on the eve of the match. But he has not punished me.

“I am here at Rangers, I want to stay here and I do not see why I would go to war with the club or deliberately try to cause such trouble.”

Smith said: “He [bougherra] was meant to report back on Thursday but didn’t return until Friday night. His agent spoke to Ally McCoist and told him that his bag had been stolen with his mobile phone, passport and credentials although they did agree that was on Monday.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/ra...lasgow-1.926978

Basicaly your saying the better players can train when they want and treat the club like shite and Walter should live in fear of them not wanting to play for the club - in that way leads disaster. Walter cant get cover as he has no budget but he aint going to be fked about - this is (ALLEDGEDLY) his second time returning late - first time a missed connection - second time days late and NO phone call to say why - Walter would NOT have dropped him easily but he will not allow the club to be dragged down by those that think they are bigger than the club.

Pretty much what I was going to say. Absolute bollocks to believe that a seemingly more important player should be allowed to do what they want. Walter got this situation 100% right imo (I say imo when really it's not an opinion, it's a fact).

Stolen on Thursday? Did he plan to arrive back in Scotland 2 days before a game?!

I'd assume all the players who had internationals on Wednesday returned to their clubs 2 days before a game as well :craphead:

Aye Kev, 48 hours is commonplace.

Easily enough time to recouperate.

Can't believe people were wanting him sold before they even knew what happened doh

It's fairly standard for that kind of thing to happen on OverreactMedia.

:lol:

Well, Walter has said the matter is closed now, and there is no punishment for Bougherra, either Walter has believed a pack of lies, which is something I very much doubt he would do, or Bougherra was telling the truth. So to me the matter is closed and will be glad to see him back in the heart of defence on Tuesday.

Guest therabbitt

Bougie should consider taking his routes through somewhere else rather than Paris. That's him been late back twice from there, once due to his plane beign cancelled and once with his stuff getting bumped.