Matchday Preparations?

scottyc06

Right... they used to have a section in the programmes where they would ask one fan what they do on matchdays!!

So what is everyone's matchday routines?? Onto the bus, wee bevvy...? Onto the train, wee bevvy...? into the car... wee bevvy...? Nah but you know what i mean!

Lets hear what you's get up to!

Depends what game it is. if it's you bog standard SPL game I'll go in with my dad and uncle in the car. Get into Ibrox bout half 2, quick drink and head to the bookies.

Take my seat, have a look who's playin, comment on Kenny Miller's woeful shooting during the warm-up then we are into the game

If it's a Celtic game or a European game I go in on the supporters bus with and get a cari-out

Well my day starts at 8 in the mornin... Onto the train with a few bottles of bud or whatevers been bought! Get to glasgow around half 11! get a quick bite to eat just to get it out the way! then a couple in maybe annie millers or another city centre pub! Then out to ibrox.. few pints at the louden or glasweigan before taking a wee wander up to the ground! Put my coupen on at the ladbrokes at ibrox! Then into the ground! A wee steak pie! Take my seat! Enjoy the football (normally) then back on the underground to queen street! Carry out bought and back on the train to head back to Oban!! Before returning to the local..... then its anybodys guess what happens next!! (:

Depends if it's a home or away game.

I get up, breakfast and read the papers, get washed(I shower the night before) and brush my teeth, then get ready and then leave for the bus.

I get on the bus and we make a stop at a pub, then back on the bus if a home game will go to another pub for a drink, then along to the game.

Then after the game back to the bus dropping folk off along the way, I will get off and go to the pub for how long nobody knows, sometimes I go home for dinner then back out again just depends and other times I pass out.

get bus from campbeltown bout 8.30

get up to ibrox at 1ish

meet few of the boys from that area get a wee yarn

go down to the chippy just down from super store sausage supper can o irn bru

then into the shop a wee look

then into ibrox bout 2.30 check team line up etc

afterward head back for bus get home bout 9 then a wee pint when home

campbeltown loyal

For games at Ibrox i go to the wee Masonic Club in Bishopbriggs a couple of hours before the bus leaves and play some pool, have a few drinks of the soft variety and indulge in some banter.

Then onto the bus and over too Ibrox. After the game it is this same sequence in reverse. :)

Away games is just right onto the bus, unless it is the Piggery where we just find someones house and have a bevvy beforehand.

Unfortunately I can't get over to Ibrox as often as I would like.

But I would get off the bus just outside Ibrox about 12:00, walk to the shop, get something to eat and get into the ground as soon as the turnstiles open and watch the place fill up.

Then it's a a mad rush once the final whistle has went to try and find the right bus.

For a Saturday at 3pm.

1. Up around 8am
  2. Sit on RM for an hour
  3. Place bets online
  4. Get fry up
  5. Get washed and dressed
  6. Go to the Tannochside Olde Club for opening at 11am
  7. Get a good swally and get bus at 1.15pm
  8. Get to Ibrox at 2pm
  9. Get a beer in a boozer or few cans outside
  10. Go to match.

Get out of my bed around eight in the morning , do general nuisance such as essays etc , have a fry up , read the paper. Following on from that , into the shower. When im out the shower and hairspraying my hair into the welded work of art it is , I have the traditional songs blaring loud and proud on the Ipod. Get changed , top and scarf on and out the door around quarter to 1. Get the train from Milngavie to Central with some pals from Bearsden , hang around Central for a bit , then head to the ground for ten past 2. Buy up any fanzines/programmes/pieces of interest i've not already got , expand my retro collection from the stand across from the Main Stand which does the old programmes/videos etc. Enjoy the game , get evil stares from this woman in a red anorak who somewhat objects to my renditions of the Sash...sadly. Once the match is over , walk along the PRW get the Subway from Kinning Park to St Enoch , have a quick bite to eat wherever , meet my pals and go to the Cathouse/George Square or wherever suits till the tiredness sets in...

If its just a home game 3pm

.Normaly into Ayr for 11ish, few beers in the pub

.Bus leaves at 1, bottle of wine for the bus.

.Get to Ibrox boot 2, go to bookies put on a copoun then normaly stand outside with another half bottle of wine or just finnish the one from the bus (depends what kind of drinking day it is, rough from the Friday night etc)

.Into the game about 10 minutes before kick off

. Another wee cerry oot for the way home then back to the pub in Ayr then night clubs or just straight back to Maybole to the pub untill shutting time.

Roll on Saturday :clap:

Up at around 9 sit and watch soccer am and go on rm, shower at 12, watch the 1st half of the 12.30 game on tv leave at 1.30 with my dad, drive to Ibrox park in the car park next to the away support. Get into Ibrox get a pie take a walk along to the bookies see the team stick a few bets on. Go to my seat watch the team warm up have a talk with the guy that sits next to me, watch the game enjoy a win then home.