The Glaswegian Bar

tommy2212

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sad news hopefully someone will re-open it though i doubt it as the neighbours put the boot in to the landlord big time

doubt it will be a Rangers bar again , GCC will see to it :disappointment:

i know mate my mate lives up next to it and told me some of the shit some folk made up just to get it closed

Pardon my ignorance, I've only been in the Glaswegian once and I was only a kid at the time.

Has the pub been closed down due to lack of business, or has the council had a hand in it?

the council have been trying everything to close it down for ages now it seems to have worked

Wonder what would happen if neighbours of certain bars in the east end complained to GCC about the noise etc from those pubs? Obviosuly GCC would do the square root of fuck all but no doubt the ounters would let the complainers know how they felt.

Wonder what would happen if neighbours of certain bars in the east end complained to GCC about the noise etc from those pubs? Obviosuly GCC would do the square root of fuck all but no doubt the ounters would let the complainers know how they felt.

They would do fuck all mate. We always get the hard end of everything and it was only yesterday I saw newspapers for what they are.

most of the t4ig pubs are in theyre area where the glassy is in a bit of a t4ig area so we were never gonna win on that 1

Terrible news, hopefully its not shut for long.

The Glaswegian was one of the true Rangers pubs in Glasgow that was proud to show its colours, which is sadly becoming rarer these days. Hopefully the right owner takes it over soon and things get going again.

I've had some great nights in there, only last Thursday it was absolutely bouncing!

Im gutted :(

Dont even know where i'd go now, loved it in the glassy. Glad i went for one last night after St Johnstone game.

good luck to Sam etc

I'm surprised you can even remember the Glassy :lol:

Shut it :lol:

You're right though actually lol

Im gutted :(

Dont even know where i'd go now, loved it in the glassy. Glad i went for one last night after St Johnstone game.

good luck to Sam etc

I'm surprised you can even remember the Glassy :lol:

Shut it :lol:

You're right though actually lol

:lol:

Need to find a new place now :(