***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

Take a team from the Championship into the prem, you'll get a half decent transfer budget and can start to try and put a decent team together, that's what I'm doing.

I drew 1-1 with Arsenal. :drool:

This run of form better continue into my next few games after City, it's against teams that I should be able to beat :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost 2-0 at home to City.. they injured Koller, got a penalty then scored in extra time as well :(

Ah well.. for a tough run of 4 games against top teams, 1 win, 2 draws and a loss isn't too bad for Blackpool :lol:

I started one with us.

Played 3 won 3

Signed Andy Carroll on loan, Pacheco on loan, Marek Sampara and some other guy my scouts recommended.

Then my laptop packed in :(

Currently trying to fix it the now. If i cant then i need to use my mums laptop which means playing for around an hour a day/all night. :(

Sad times.

Im ending my 4th season as manager of AC Milan, think im gonna resign after the 5th or 6th and sit around still Tottenham or Rangers sack their manager, and step in there :D

Just starting a game up with Blackpool. Can anyone recommend any free or loan signings?

If you sign Christian Veiri on a free, work on his fitness, he could be useful :D

Or Henri Camara ? :)

11jq83r.png

That was my signs/sales in the first season. :)

Vaughan was sold because he was unhappy that I rejected bids for him, and Eardley got sold because the board accepted a bid.. I wanted to keep him!!

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

My last save was with West Brom. Took them to EPL glory, but then I got bored.

Started a game with Rangers.

Finished 13th in the Premiership with Blackpool. Had about 20 million to spend, so I've strengthened my team a hell of a lot. My strikers were struggling to score, so now I've got three good strikers who'll be able to score. Strengthed the team in all areas, and brought in a bunch of promising youngsters and sent them out on loan to build for the future.

Should be able to acheive mid-table this season.. opening day drew 0-0 with Chelsea at the Bridge. Aiming for mid table this season, then European football the next! :lol:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Anyone got any good training saved? need to sort mine out but id rather just get 1 off someone that had a good 1 :P

Tugs Training, put it into google.

Started a Roma game the other day. Roughly half way through the season, and here's how it's gone so far.

Currently sitting 3rd in Serie A after 19 games, won 12, drawn 3 and lost 3, scoring 33 goals and conceding 13 in the process.

8wmb1s.jpg

The team is mainly the team you start out with, bar one signing, which was Ibrahim Affellay. I've also sold some of the utter pish that was rotting in the reserves.

opvh8n.jpg

s10w38.jpg

Still got a few difficult fixtures such as Milan away, Juventus away, Inter at home and Fiorentia away but I'm hopeful I can stay in the top 4 atleast and possibly challenge Inter for 2nd place.

nx3kmu.png

Gutted that I lost that match. Not because of the very late goal (was a mistake by my 17 year old center back that led to it) but purely because of the way my Blackpool team went about trying to beat Liverpool - by kicking them off the park. :lol:

Injured Torres and Carragher for a few days. Riera, Galleti and Carragher for a few weeks. :lol:

8 games into my second season in the premiership (3rd season overall) and I'm 3rd in the league. I don't expect to stay there come the end of the season, but it's good so far as I'm looking to achieve 10th place as a minimum expectation!!

What a fucking game. I'm shit at Football Manager, utterly woeful, boys. No joke, but I'm on a right high just now.

I'm the Queen's Eleven and didn't have a great first six months - We fell six behind the Tims, were knocked-out of the Champions' League at the group stage which ended with a five-nil gubbing in Denmark and, to end the year, St. Mirren and Dundee United took all three against us. If that wasn't bad enough, that cunt Samaras netted a last minute equaliser for them at Parkhead in the New Year game. Brutal.

Anyway, I run the rule over the squad and rip right into them, I sent Rothén back to Paris and resist panic buying, sticking with the same squad that Walter did.

It's now March, we're three ahead of Timmy and we've just won the League Cup at Hampden with four-nil demolition of the Hearts.

I know it's only a game, boys, but fuck me, you get right into it. I've had 'I Gotta Feeling', 'Don't Stop Believing' and 'Don't Stop Me Now' on the iPod since full time because I remember them being played after we beat St. Mirren to win it in real life. :lol:

'MON THE FUCKIN' RANGERS!!! :uk:

Aye, I know it's just a game. :blush:

In March 2015 so I've been looking at the more experienced players who are now going to be availble to come to me on free's.

With Mcgregor wanting to leave at the end of the season and rejecting every contract I offer he will be going on a free so i've been looking at a cheap / free experienced replacement to play in goal a bit og next season and also to help tutor my younger keepers.

I decided that i would give Alan Smith his dream move to the Rangers in which could be his last few years with him being 34 but i do like the older experienced ones to help tutor my youth hence the bulk buying of youth and older ones.

Beckham might be here for another season but if not they i will give him a coaching role should he wish to take that up.