***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought Davis from Rangers for something like £16.75 million for Blackpool. Might seem over inflated but that's how much I was willing to pay for Ozil, but Ozil didn't want to come and Davis is capable of doing just as good a job.

Signed a regen for 1 mil who is a right back and has really good potential, and just about to sign Leighton Baines from Everton for 12 million.

My team will most probably be..

Carrizo

Whittaker Gohouri McNiven (regen, he's only 18 and is good) Baines

Thommo

Davis Adam

Griffiths Vagner-Love Kuyumucu (another regen, he's young + quality)

Sold a few backup players too. I try and bring in cheap youth players who have potential so in a few years time they can break into my first team, but sometimes you have to spend big for quality! :)

Got an interesting pre season lined up too.. tour of America, then a tour of Japan then playing Rangers/Celtic at home. Might play a really shit team a few days after that and give my team a week of rest before the season starts. Playing the shit team will boost morale when I win like 10-0!

As i said took over Ipswich in January they were 14th and doing OK and now 2 games left and im 4th and guarenteed a play-off spot. Signed Jason Roberts for 500k who has scored about 15 goals and is brilliant! Also signed Gritths who is starting to score a good amount. Kevin someone from Notts Forrest CB Celtic were linked with him IRL? Just about to complete a move for Charlie Adam and also signed L.Kingston and Goncalves but they arrive on free agents 30th june and might go for wee Novo.

Ill post a few print-screens when the play-off final is over.

Actually cant work out how to do the printscreens :lol:

Anyway beat Boro 3-2 on Agg and beat Sheffield Utd 3-1 in final so now in Premiership and I feel brilliant considering I just wanted to avoid relegation and maybe get mid-table. Didn't expect this at all!!

16.75 million for Davis?

Is your chairman called Sir David? :lol:

I signed him in one of my West Ham saves for 5M from Liverpool after a few years. He's amazing in FM but 16.75 mil is quite steep man.

16.75 million for Davis?

Is your chairman called Sir David? :lol:

I signed him in one of my West Ham saves for 5M from Liverpool after a few years. He's amazing in FM but 16.75 mil is quite steep man.

He was valued at about 8 mil. :lol:

I wanted him for my team though, I couldn't get Ozil so I went for him.

2ltrc3q.png

Know it's only a friendly but probably one of my best results yet. :)

Signed Leighten Baines too!

What a fucking game. I'm shit at Football Manager, utterly woeful, boys. No joke, but I'm on a right high just now.

I'm the Queen's Eleven and didn't have a great first six months - We fell six behind the Tims, were knocked-out of the Champions' League at the group stage which ended with a five-nil gubbing in Denmark and, to end the year, St. Mirren and Dundee United took all three against us. If that wasn't bad enough, that cunt Samaras netted a last minute equaliser for them at Parkhead in the New Year game. Brutal.

Anyway, I run the rule over the squad and rip right into them, I sent Rothén back to Paris and resist panic buying, sticking with the same squad that Walter did.

It's now March, we're three ahead of Timmy and we've just won the League Cup at Hampden with four-nil demolition of the Hearts.

I know it's only a game, boys, but fuck me, you get right into it. I've had 'I Gotta Feeling', 'Don't Stop Believing' and 'Don't Stop Me Now' on the iPod since full time because I remember them being played after we beat St. Mirren to win it in real life. :lol:

'MON THE FUCKIN' RANGERS!!! :uk:

Aye, I know it's just a game. :blush:

In the end, we finished level on points with Celtic, but lost the title because they were a single goal better off. Brutal. We did win the Scottisg Cup, though.

I let big Davie Weir, Krissy Boyd, wee Nacho and Beasley to leave on free transfers as well as about fifteen reserve and youth players. Pedro Mendes and big Sasa Papac also moved on, but for cash.

With the squad looking bare, I brought in David Goodwillie (£1.5M), Danny Swanson (£2.5M), Graziano Pellé (£425K), Lee Wallace (4.5M) and Tom Hateley (£600K).

I've not got to pre-season yet, but we're playing our feeder club Morton first and our third game is a Champions' League Third Placed Qualifying tie against Greek side PAOK.

I kinda hate European football in a way. Sitting at 9th as Blackpool in the table, played 6 games. Hull are 4th, 4 points ahead of me and have played 8 games, so it seems like I'm doing worse than I actually am, since I'm a few games behind because of European football. :lol:

Just hope the board doesn't sack me for doing badly when I'm not actually, my expectation is to finish 7th at least. :)

Push the button next to F12 that says 'Print Screen SysRq' then open up paint, press ctrl + v (or go to edit, paste.. i think) then save it as a .png file. Go to tinypic.com and upload it, then copy the link that has like %7Boption%7D tags around it. :sherlock: