Standing Section

Guvnor

Would anyone else like to see a part of the stadium that's dedicated to fans who want to stand and sing(for the full 90 minutes)?

I know that people may not want to stand and sing for the full game, but couldn't we get all the fans who do want to stand and sing for the full game and get them together, creating a better atmosphere at Ibrox.

I am aware that "The Blue Order" do this already, but I'm sure there are many more Rangers fans who want to participate in the singing; and if we could group these fans together on matchdays it would help improve the atmosphere because as it stands the only really good atmosphere's Ibrox generates is against the tims and on European nights.

it would stop the diddys behind you who tell you to sit down every time you stand up

in grounds like anfield the kop stands even though there are seats

we should just stand anyway

hate sitting down at the football (td)

it would stop the diddys behind you who tell you to sit down every time you stand up

Agree mate, liverpools a great example. they should how much the supported there team vs man utd

I try to join in with the singing at every oppurtunity, and unlike some fans, even when we're getting beat. But my section doesn't really sing as much as I want to, and you can sense people becoming irratated because your standing and singing every 2 minutes.

So wouldn't this benefit the people who get annoyed by others singing in front of them. Wouldn't it benefit the people who want to stand and sing. Wouldn't it benefit the team, with the fans getting behind them and generating a big atmosphere.

This idea is nothing but good, so why is it unlikely it will ever happen ?

Would anyone else like to see a part of the stadium that's dedicated to fans who want to stand and sing(for the full 90 minutes)?

I know that people may not want to stand and sing for the full game, but couldn't we get all the fans who do want to stand and sing for the full game and get them together, creating a better atmosphere at Ibrox.

I am aware that "The Blue Order" do this already, but I'm sure there are many more Rangers fans who want to participate in the singing; and if we could group these fans together on matchdays it would help improve the atmosphere because as it stands the only really good atmosphere's Ibrox generates is against the tims and on European nights.

Ive said this for a while now mate and think it would be a great idea! However would never happen due to this health and safety pish!! :anguish:

what if the guy sitting behind you asking you to sit down is a 77 year old guy who it takes 45 mins to walk to ibrox and the same back who couldnt possibly stand for 90 mins

what do we do tell him his services to rangers is no longer needed as selfishly you want everyone to stand up

ive nothing against standing areas but to call someone who wants to see the game a diddy is as selfish as you can get

oh and its my dad im talking about just hope im still watching the rangers at 77

Ive said this for a while now mate and think it would be a great idea! However would never happen due to this health and safety pish!! :anguish:

I think your correct in saying that this may never happen due to health and safety reasons. But how is it in places like Germany fans have standing sections, and there is no fuss made about that ?

Are we as fans becoming to easy to be told what we can and cannot do ?

I personally feel that if there is a big enough demand for a standing section, then there should be no other option but to grant the fans their wish. Yet people seem to think that we have no control over how OUR team's stadium is run. Shouldn't we the fans - who pay the money to sit in the stand - have the biggest say on how we would like our matchday experience to be ?

what if the guy sitting behind you asking you to sit down is a 77 year old guy who it takes 45 mins to walk to ibrox and the same back who couldnt possibly stand for 90 mins

what do we do tell him his services to rangers is no longer needed as selfishly you want everyone to stand up

ive nothing against standing areas but to call someone who wants to see the game a diddy is as selfish as you can get

oh and its my dad im talking about just hope im still watching the rangers at 77

sorry mate didnt mean to sound selfish, and hats off to your dad for being such a loyal bluenose

it just gets annoying all the time being told to sit down and i'm sure others have felt the same

I have great respect for older bears :praise:

sorry mate didnt mean to sound selfish, and hats off to your dad for being such a loyal bluenose

it just gets annoying all the time being told to sit down and i'm sure others have felt the same

I have great respect for older bears :praise:

no worries but sometimes we need to look at whats around us

i sit in main stand around quite a lot of older bears so i would never think of standing up but at away games if those around me are all standing and theres no older fans or kids then i would stand and sing

incidently it was my dad that had to tell me to get off my seat at parkhead when we won the league there

he said it was his shot for the seat :)

I would be in favour of terracing the enclosure, the govan, broomloan fronts.

having been born in the age of no terracing, whats a terrace like? is it basicly a standing area at the bottom of the stand?

I would be in favour of terracing the enclosure, the govan, broomloan fronts.

having been born in the age of no terracing, whats a terrace like? is it basicly a standing area at the bottom of the stand?

yup, a few barriers to piss/lean/climb on dotted around basically a huge area of steps

hampden terracing was fucking brilliangt when the bears were there

This will never happen sadly..far too many have the mentality of "ive sat in this seat for years and im nae moving" which means we couldnt get a standing section as we would need to clear an entire section..if anywhere it should be the copland btw.

This will never happen sadly..far too many have the mentality of "ive sat in this seat for years and im nae moving" which means we couldnt get a standing section as we would need to clear an entire section..if anywhere it should be the copland btw.

Surely they wouldn't have a choice.I agree bout the Copland though.