Other youngsters?

Cumbria_blue

I know its early days yet and we can't go too overboard but with Wilson impressing in the last few games, and John Fleck improving everytime he plays, will we see more younsters making first team appearances? With our financial situation meaning that we (might!) have to sell some first team players, a few decent youngsters could really mean that they aren't missed at all.

So what are people's opinions on the other youngsters that we have? Who can make the step up?

wylde at lm, shinnie at rm, ness at cm i would say definetly now, rated loy forward last season before his loan to dunfermline but according to reports didn't fair well, campbell looks like he has something about him but not ready yet in my opinion. haven't seen much of little up front. mcmillan is a maybe but lennon and lowing are a no no.

Wylde should be the next one to come through. I see no reason why Jordan mcMillan couldn't deputise at right back in place of Steven Whittaker but I'm not sure if he is the answer long term.

Haven't seen much of Shinnie or Jamie Ness but they should also be given a chance. Could they do any worse than some of the players that have played there this season?

If the doomsday scenario were to happen, and Rangers were to sell a heap of first team players in January, it might - just might - be the best thing to happen to us for years. We'd get rid of some imposters, we would have to play youngsters and they could become the backbone of a future Rangers team. All this while paying off our debt. Keep a young team together, have a little bit of patience (I know, that's where the stumbling block is) and we might dominate for years to come.

Or am I dreaming?...

If the doomsday scenario were to happen, and Rangers were to sell a heap of first team players in January, it might - just might - be the best thing to happen to us for years. We'd get rid of some imposters, we would have to play youngsters and they could become the backbone of a future Rangers team. All this while paying off our debt. Keep a young team together, have a little bit of patience (I know, that's where the stumbling block is) and we might dominate for years to come.

Or am I dreaming?...

they can't be any worse than mculloch, beasley whittaker, lafferty, naismith, need i go on

Going by reports of others I would give Wylde, McMillan, Shinnie, Ness and Loy a chance in the next few weeks. Just to give players like Whittaker, Lafferty, Davis and Miller a challenge.

Or am I dreaming?...

they can't be any worse than mculloch, beasley whittaker, lafferty, naismith, need i go on

I'm not sure if it could be the best thing to happen. A few dodgy results and a section of our home support would be on their backs but I definitely do agree that the time has come to give these youngsters a chance. For a club like ourselves we have to follow the example of the likes of Porto, Benfica, PSV etc i.e. bringing through youngsters, selling them on and re-investing in the squad. That isn't downsizing as these teams have proven that you can achieve success at home and get into the latter stages of European competition with this.

Hopefully the emergence of Wilson and to a lesser extent Fleck has shown Smith that he can put a little bit more faith in the young players

Jamie Ness -----------> Jim Baxter

I've been saying it for years. He has the chance to be outstanding.

remember the game against the Auld Enemy at U-19's level he was the star performer of the Scotland side IMO along with Wilson and Perry (tu)