Falkirk 3 vs. 3 Celtic (***Minute's silnce ruined***)

spireblue

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories but I can't help noticing that Graham Speirs, whose The Game column is normally published in The Times on Tuesdays, seems not to be available this week.

That has spared him a big decision on whether to make a comment about a topic of much current interest, namely the non-silence at Falkirk.

Shame, as I'm sure it's a subject he would have loved to have tackled ;-)

Can you confirm this? Is the discredited journalist usually out on a Tuesday, or does it alternate with other weekdays?

This could prove significant. <cr>

On this page http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/ you will notice it says:

Tackling the big issues in Scotland

Scottish Football Correspondent Graham Spiers gets stuck in every Tuesday on TheGame Blog

What a wanker Speirs is............has to pander to that shite by still having a dig at us,what a little piece of shit that excuse of a man is.

Even by his standards, that article's a load of shit. You'd think he'd have made sure Sky didn't turn their microphones down before professing it as fact. Then again, I'm not at all surprised he didn't.

Have to agree. I don't go in for as much Speirs-bashing as many on here, but even I have to admit that article is quite stunning. It has been reported in several places that there was a clearly audible protest and that several hundred fans stayed outside until the silence was over. To make out that that didn’t happen is astonishing. You would honestly think that just this once he could put the Celtic minority (and it was a minority, just as our troublemakers have been) in the spotlight. It would have been bad enough to have had a picture of both sets of fans at the top of the article, but to just have ours is really incredible, considering the point at issue is something a section of the Celtic support are (or should be) under scrutiny for.

Lawell was shaking his head there in disgust - could hear something at the beginning and the Falkirk fans are shouting scum.

A few idiots yet again though spoil it for the majority who were respectful and dignified.

Fair play to Lawell if he did that (tu)

Are you serious?

He's not disgusted at the lack of respect shown, he's already showing his by his refusal to wear a poppy. He's only sorry it's being broadcast around the world.

Thats my view on it also. Remember, that club have no integrity.

Lawell was shaking his head there in disgust - could hear something at the beginning and the Falkirk fans are shouting scum.

A few idiots yet again though spoil it for the majority who were respectful and dignified.

Fair play to Lawell if he did that (tu)

He still didnt have the decency to wear a poppy. neither is mowbray. its not about rangers celtic here why cant they just show their respect like everyone else?

In Mowbray's defence, he was wearing a poppy.

But it still doesn't hide the fact that there are quite a lot of Celtic fans that are absolute scum. Today is not about Ireland, or anything else. It is about remembering the people who died in the wars for this country.

(tu)

Good on wee Chick for mentioning it in his column on the Beeb site today:

Meanwhile, on Remembrance Sunday, BBC Radio Scotland listeners clearly heard a section of the Celtic support insist on poisoning a minute's silence to honour the memory of the fallen who gave their lives for this country by singing songs about the IRA, albeit outside Falkirk Stadium.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/8353673.stm

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories but I can't help noticing that Graham Speirs, whose The Game column is normally published in The Times on Tuesdays, seems not to be available this week.

That has spared him a big decision on whether to make a comment about a topic of much current interest, namely the non-silence at Falkirk.

Shame, as I'm sure it's a subject he would have loved to have tackled ;-)

The other week there the times did not have any football coverage on a Monday morning. FAIL. The only thing I could think of was that Rangers went top of the league that week, so nothing to report. I emailed his boss BTW to highlight this point.

When we played Unirea he was the only jounralist in the UK to write that Bougherra would be starting. FAIL. I emailed his boss to highlight this point.

And now with the blatant refusal to acknowledge the dregs of society disturbing a minutes silence. FAIL. I will be emailing his boss to highlight this point.

I dont know why this paper continues to pay this disgraced journalist for his half assed reports and secterian values. Surely they must have noticed their circulation dropping?

Hooray! This is the first article I've seen on this issue that doesn't mention Rangers:

No place for halfwits who shamed Celtic

ALL around the island of Ireland there are people whose lives have been profoundly changed by the terrorism of the last 40 years, people who have lost family members and friends, who have seen them murdered and maimed.

If you want to understand, then all you have to do is talk to them and hear their stories and, most of all, listen to their incredible strength and dignity. Then listen to the hooped halfwits who sang outside Falkirk last Sunday, embarrassing their thousands of fellow supporters inside the ground.

The favourite terrorist organisation of the idiots at Falkirk decommissioned its weapons a while back, so here's an idea for the self- proclaimed rebels of Sunday: decommission the ignorance once and for all.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Tom-Eng...oney.5812348.jp