A big player in our downfall...

plymouthranger

Stay off the drugs mate. PLG is and was a terrible manager. Made PSG a force again? Check your French football mate, he was as big a disater there as he was at Ibrox hence why he's joined the likes of Bertie Vogts in the world of managing shite international teams.

If Ferguson was still at Ibrox we wouldn't have lost two European home games 4-1. No one at Ibrox is there to grab a game and a few players by the scruff of the neck. Oh aye and where are all the people who thought Thomson was the new maradona. Strangely quiet now. Funny how with Ferguson everyone was calling for his head at this stage last season while the silence is deafening with Thomson. The double standards are there for all to see with some so called fans. And turning on a guy who gave the best years of his career to Rangers is a f*cking joke.

For the younger posters. This is why you should avoid drugs.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure (I think ) the OP isn't putting all the blame on BF's shoulders - just that he has had his part to play. I hated what Fergie did when he was with the Scotland squad -- I did.

Walter moved on -- so have I. In retrospect -- ain't everything easy that way -- PLG would have been 'good' - short term. Problem is: He knows fuck all about the Scottish game, and not much more about the French game it seems An awful manager.. but a very good disciplinarian.

Give me Walter -- any day. Best Man Manager on the planet. Aa Goram said in the RM interview -- paraphrasing -- "Look at McGregor's form. That's down to how the Gaffer handled the situation".

But Barry? He needed a change.. so did we.

In our recent demise there have been many factors that contributed. For example spending big in the Advocaat era (although we apparently levelled out all these debts in the Big Eck years), not giving Le Guen the funds to buy the likes of Kallstrom and settling for Sebo (yes, partly the frenchmans fault for l'underestimation i know) and failure to market the club properly abroad. Throw in Kaunas and we're in quite a state right now. And whilst its not fair to blame the downfall on one man (other than SDM :sherlock: ) I think a certain Mr. Ferguson had a part to play...

Firstly we got good money for him from Blackburn, but as he departed he fires parting shots about how the club forced him out due to a catholic wife (utter shite, we had a catholic captain in big Amo ffs!)

We then sign him back for less money than we sold him for - fair enough. But we also inherited his costly ego etc.

He then decides he knows better than a proven European pedigree manager (who won titles at Lyon, is now taking Cameroon to the ACNs and probably the world cup, as well as turning PSG into a force again), by constantly undermiming him. When Ricksen and Bardsley were sent packing we should of all known that the squad had an attitude problem. Given time this could of been fixed as Le Guen attempted to drag a screaming mess of primadonnas into the rigours of 21st century football. But Barry wouldn't of wanted this, so he contributed to the divide between players and staff.

Theres so much more to the whole PLG saga I know, and it'll probably be shot to pieces by replies...

So the WS era, a new start for Barry to show us he deserved the title "Mr. Rangers". After one good performance against ICT away, we saw him sucessfully hide from almost every subsequent match whilst dishing out lashings to others for not doing his job. Thankfully we got rid of him in the summer, as for someone who loved the club he had done relatively fuck all to deserve his millions in paycheques since he returned.

I'm not for a minute saying Barry doesn't love the club, nor that he meant to contribute to our state. Far from it. But he did anyway with his attitude of knowing best and that he was bigger than others at the club.

Who honestly thinks we'd be in this situation if we'd stuck by PLG for the last few years, instead of picking Barry over him?

I await the cries of "oh captain Barry if only he was here now" combined with the usual "well he was carrying an injury for all that time"

sorry but that is pish in my opinion.....the blame for our situation can be laid at one person SDM

Firstly we got good money for him from Blackburn, but as he departed he fires parting shots about how the club forced him out due to a catholic wife (utter shite, we had a catholic captain in big Amo ffs!)

ya numpty, are you getting confused with FALSE rumours that Sir Alex left Rangers because of disputes about HIS catholic wife.

Fergie said in his autobiog that had nothing to do with it, it was his scapegoating for a Cup final defeat to Septic that led to his leaving. Not that anyone cares about the truth.

'THE' big 'PLAYER' in our as you call it 'downfall' is Sir David Murray ESQ. ! :sherlock:

Well said Blue. (tu)

Thirded!

Silly opening post, especially after bringing Burley into it :lol: Christ he made Vogts look like a bloody good Scotland manager

Mr Ferguson has done nothing at Birmingham but being from Greenock maybe you feel an affinity to the bam and that is clouding your judgement. Mr No Class seems a more worthy title to me, and Rangers Captain was certainly a title he didn't deserve, as proven by the fact he was stripped of this title not once but twice.

So where are you from Bearsden? So you'll be a posh stuck up arsehole then? Or maybe that's another unfounded extrapolation?

I'll give you time to look up your dictionary on that one.

I find it extremely funny that you think because I am from Greenock that I am a bam but in reality I am most likely of far greater intelligence than you hence why I don't sink to generalisations.

Well done Barry for getting us the title, was just thinking that we were struggling to get a goal against Aberdeen, and Walter knew he needed a player to save the title. On comes Barry who has a few words into the players ears, and bingo 2 quick goals and we were on the road to the title. What can you say, i always knew we could not do without him, so take a bow Barry your the man.

:)

Please tell me you're fishing? :(

What a load of shite!!

Another Barry hater!

I heard he was to blame for the Tsunami and also famine in Africa.

Give me a break.

LeGuen had to go and if he didn't we'd be in a worse state.

The same Barry played in the team that got to the Uefa cup final. He mustn't have been doing his negative work during that time!

I'm a Ferguson fan but I can admit that his form wasn't the same over the last few years but dont try and blame him for the state of the club just now.

The big spending of Advocaat, the economic crisis, the fact Scottish football is shite and no one wants to invest in it, plus no top players want to play in it is the problem. Not one player who played for the club, so get a grip!!

Mr Ferguson has done nothing at Birmingham but being from Greenock maybe you feel an affinity to the bam and that is clouding your judgement. Mr No Class seems a more worthy title to me, and Rangers Captain was certainly a title he didn't deserve, as proven by the fact he was stripped of this title not once but twice.

So where are you from Bearsden? So you'll be a posh stuck up arsehole then? Or maybe that's another unfounded extrapolation?

I'll give you time to look up your dictionary on that one.

I find it extremely funny that you think because I am from Greenock that I am a bam but in reality I am most likely of far greater intelligence than you hence why I don't sink to generalisations.

You're a right character.

You won't sink to generalisations, but after showing a complete lack of knowledge earlier in the thread, you will make the assumption that you are most likely of far greater intelligence than him.

Give me fucking strength....

We're better off without him.

He's been distinctly average for Birmingham, and he should have stayed at Blackburn. Hasn't kicked his own arse for nearly three years, in my humble opinion.

I agree that we are better of without him, in that it was the right move to sell him

I dreally disagree that he's been distinctly average for Birmingham. It seems like a fresh challenge has brought out the best in him.

I have watched him in full games about 3 or 4 times and he's played well. He was really good against Man City, until he get sent of f(he was given MOTM by Sky Sports, in fact he's in my dream team and has got MOTM 3 or 4 times now this season) which is impressive playing for a shit team in a really good league. Most Birmningham fans are sayng he's been there best or one of their best players this season.

He's been distinctly average for Birmingham, and he should have stayed at Blackburn. Hasn't kicked his own arse for nearly three years, in my humble opinion.

I agree that we are better of without him, in that it was the right move to sell him

I dreally disagree that he's been distinctly average for Birmingham. It seems like a fresh challenge has brought out the best in him.

I have watched him in full games about 3 or 4 times and he's played well. He was really good against Man City, until he get sent of f(he was given MOTM by Sky Sports, in fact he's in my dream team and has got MOTM 3 or 4 times now this season) which is impressive playing for a shit team in a really good league. Most Birmningham fans are sayng he's been there best or one of their best players this season.

I've watched every Birmingham game that's been on, as I do with most games, and I haven't been overly impressed with him.

Goes missing all too often, isn't quick enough over the ground to really compete in that league.

But it's all about opinions. I know it's not a fair comparison nowadays, but he was so far off the pace against Arsenal that I actually felt sorry for him.

And that daft red card :anguish:

I've watched every Birmingham game that's been on, as I do with most games, and I haven't been overly impressed with him.

Goes missing all too often, isn't quick enough over the ground to really compete in that league.

But it's all about opinions. I know it's not a fair comparison nowadays, but he was so far off the pace against Arsenal that I actually felt sorry for him.

And that daft red card :anguish:

Yeh, the red card was incredibly stupid but thats a point of ill discipline, not performance - the fact he got MOTM in spite of a red card showed just how well he played when he was up against Gareth Barry and De Jong etc.

Fair enough if he was off the pace against Arsenal, I think if you put any 30+ midfielder in the world into the Birmingham City team and stuck them against an incredible Arsenal side, they would have struggled too.

All in all, it seems to me that he has done very well, and I think this is reflected in the fact that he is getting consitent prasie on the Birmingham forum.

I think he's been great for Birmingham. The only games I've saw was away to Manchester United and home to Man City and he was probably the best player in the second half at Old Trafford and MOTM against City. Just needed away from Rangers I think and hopefully the new Scotland manager will get him back in the team. Still wouldn't have him back though...

I think he's been great for Birmingham. The only games I've saw was away to Manchester United and home to Man City and he was probably the best player in the second half at Old Trafford and MOTM against City. Just needed away from Rangers I think and hopefully the new Scotland manager will get him back in the team. Still wouldn't have him back though...

Exactly. I got chills watching those two games. The fact that he could still compete with world class players despite being years past his best. You wouldn't know who the £1m, £15 or £12m player was out of Ferguson, De Jong or Barry.

Barry Ferguson has 7 points on Sky sports fantasy football league

to put this in context

Nenad Milijas of Wolves has 19

Jordan Henderson of Sunderland has 10

Matthew Etherington of Stoke has 28

Cesc Fabregas has 70

Graham Alexander of Burnley has 38

Shay Given was man of the match in the above game after his penalty save if I am not mistaken

Barry Ferguson was a terrific talent prior to his move to Blackburn, He was also in excellent form for Blackburn prior to his injury.

He contributed very little to Rangers from 2005-2009, He was our captain and took more money in wages than anybody else, but did very little to justify this,

In our run to the UEFA cup final he was basically given a free role in a 4-5-1 formation, Generally players who are given this role are very productive at the business end of the pitch, Barry did very little and generally marked the referee or took the ball from Davie Weir and gave it to the full back (FFS Davie Weir could have done that)

When the full back got the ball he generally fired it up to the striker who was then looking for an advanced midfielder to lay it off to or flick it on,

Unfortunately he was still in his own half

Barry Ferguson has 7 points on Sky sports fantasy football league

to put this in context

Nenad Milijas of Wolves has 19

Jordan Henderson of Sunderland has 10

Matthew Etherington of Stoke has 28

Cesc Fabregas has 70

Graham Alexander of Burnley has 38

Shay Given was man of the match in the above game after his penalty save if I am not mistaken

You just compeltely made those facts up!! Fabregas has 70 bonus points in a total of 11 games eh?? Well the maximum bonus points you can get in one game is 3, so thats not even mathematically possible. You've either just made those stats up or your an absolute retard!!

Here are the ACTUAL top 10 midfiled bonus point scorers in EPL 2009-2010 so far:

1. Fabregas 18

2. Essien 13

3. Reid 12

4. Dunn 11

5. Lampard 10

6. B Ferguson 9

7. Boateng 7

8. Milner 7

9. Cattermole 7

10, Arshavin 6

As for the Man City match, Eck came out and said "we would have won if not for a MOTM display from Given". He wasn'tactually awarded MOTM though.

Good effort at making up facts though.