Danny Wilson

derekweir29

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me wonder how many other youngsters could make the step up if given the chance of a run of a few games.........................

Absolutely.

No worse than the 'experienced utility players', I'd imagine.

And a whole lot cheaper

The more he plays like this, the more I'm getting concerned about the ever-more realistic possibility that we'll lose him at the end of the year when his contract runs out.

He was telling Weir where to stand at one point. First time I've seen him play today, and I was very impressed; he's so composed that even when he makes a minor error, he stays calm and sorts it out. His distribution is excellent, he passes to feet, but knows when to go long (not aimless Mr. Weir) to take some pressure off the defence. And he beat Kyle in the air a couple of times.

He seems to have all the defensive tools mentally, but the question is whether he'll avoid the temptations that seem to destroy every other promising young player, or have his culture kicked out of him. Judging by how level-headed he seems, I don't think that'll be a problem though.

He was telling Weir where to stand at one point. First time I've seen him play today, and I was very impressed; he's so composed that even when he makes a minor error, he stays calm and sorts it out. His distribution is excellent, he passes to feet, but knows when to go long (not aimless Mr. Weir) to take some pressure off the defence. And he beat Kyle in the air a couple of times.

He seems to have all the defensive tools mentally, but the question is whether he'll avoid the temptations that seem to destroy every other promising young player, or have his culture kicked out of him. Judging by how level-headed he seems, I don't think that'll be a problem though.

His passing and his 'leadership' are the two things that stand out about the guy.

His 70 yard pass into Novo's stride (with this bad foot) against Dundee was absolutely beautiful.

He may not win every ball in the air, but at least he makes the effort to challenge for the ball, and it put's the attackers off. I thought he dealt with the Killie attackers very well.

His distribution is quality, he's ridiculously calm on the ball, he's always trying to push his back four up the park, and his pace is a major asset at the back, as we saw today, at Tannadice, Dens, Unirea and against St. Mirren.

Honestly, what a difference it is having a player like Danny Wilson at the back!

Long may he keep it up!

Makes me wonder how many other youngsters could make the step up if given the chance of a run of a few games.........................

Absolutely.

No worse than the 'experienced utility players', I'd imagine.

And a whole lot cheaper

The more he plays like this, the more I'm getting concerned about the ever-more realistic possibility that we'll lose him at the end of the year when his contract runs out.

Didn't realise his contract was up - if Bougie does go then surely we can give him a decent contract AND still reduce the wage bill.

Need to keep rising stars like Danny even if it's because they are increasing in value to be sold later. These young guys will be the life blood of rangers in years to come, either playing in the first team and/or being sold to keep the club going.

I'd like to take this chance to point out that 50% of this board had been asking for him for four/five/six months before he was actually picked, so...

TOLD YOU SO! :P

aye but 50% were saying hes too young to be playing :anguish:

and i was 1 of them but at the moment im wrong :anguish:

His passing and his 'leadership' are the two things that stand out about the guy.

His 70 yard pass into Novo's stride (with this bad foot) against Dundee was absolutely beautiful.

He had a cracking pass against Unirea aswell to a player on the wing, it looked as if it was going out but curled and stayed in and landed right at the player, fantastic... and his passing today was sublime... I would agree with him being man of the match, he was calm and composed throughout. A slight blip when Kyle outjumped him early on to test mcgregor with a header but other than that, he did really well.

Its great to hear that the young fella had another good game, really fucking good. As has been said previosuly in this thread, I wonder how many other youngsters could step into the full team and genuinely make a difference. So far we have Fleck and Wilson these guys will only breed a sense of success and superiority in the youth ranks and its the BIG difference between playing for Rangers and PLAYING FOR RANGERS. I think we've got the basis in place to bring through young talented players, albeit two at the moment but when you thinnk of Hutton as well, every single one of those young guys should be slabbering at the mouth at the prospect. WATP and well done the gers today.