Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place

what next? :craphead:

Fifa's Sepp Blatter has revealed the Republic of Ireland have requested a spot in the 2010 World Cup finals as an extra team after their play-off defeat.

The Republic lost to an extra-time goal against France when Thierry Henry handled the ball during the build-up.

"I will bring it to the attention of the Executive Committee," said Blatter.

The president of football's world governing body added that goal-line technology and extra referees would be considered for the South Africa finals.

BBC

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahahahahhaahhahahahahhahahahaha,

they really have no shame and if the governing body cave in to this Nation of terrorist bastards then they will open up a huge can of worms. Any incident that has a controversial descion will then need to be replayed etc. its a fucking Farce and only one Nation would still be clinging on like a fucking ankle biting little fucking dog and thats .....

it will ruin the world cup if this happens - every team on the wrong end of a decision will be asking for a replay!! they cant allow it.

although its a total sickner for them and i hate seeing any team lose in this manner

'Even before the handball incident Ireland were still at 1-1 in extra time so how can they go through to the World Cup on the basis that it was still a draw ? '

Chelski-4-life BBC 606

exactly

also

Regarding the Republic's case, Blatter added that Costa Rica, who also believe they were unfairly denied a place in the finals - this time because of an offside goal from Uruguay - would also have to be acknowledged if extra places are discussed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/8386207.stm

does this mean they are taking Oirland's request seriously then?

Its insane to think they are going to get anything out of this, the only way they could get there is if the french football association all decide that they are willing to pull themselves out of the biggest footballing event in the world just becuase they feel bad about a dodgey refereeing decision! like thats gonna happen!!!

if they get a replay it will bring the game into disrepute!!

'Even before the handball incident Ireland were still at 1-1 in extra time so how can they go through to the World Cup on the basis that it was still a draw ? '

Chelski-4-life BBC 606

exactly

also

Regarding the Republic's case, Blatter added that Costa Rica, who also believe they were unfairly denied a place in the finals - this time because of an offside goal from Uruguay - would also have to be acknowledged if extra places are discussed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/8386207.stm

does this mean they are taking Oirland's request seriously then?

I think they are more expanding everything out to show how ludicrous it is to request an additional place in the world cup when you weren't even in a winning poistion...