Why Lloyds cannot get too close to running Rangers’ affairs

boss

Why Lloyds cannot get too close to running Rangers’ affairs

Written by Boss

Tuesday, 01 December 2009 13:19

The question has been asked a number of times recently: “Why doesn’t the bank take control of Rangers and facilitate a transfer of ownership to the fans?”

It would seem an obvious way out of the current situation: the bank get their £31m back and great publicity to boot; and the fans get the Club.

http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php/a...rangers-affairs

tbf I'd accept one season of coming second (perhaps worse) if it meant control of Rangers was taken out of Murray and the banks hands. I know most wouldn't but there you go.

It is a confusing ruling and to be honest I think it would be too difficult for the SPL to enforce on us at this moment in time. If we didn't have a new buyer by the end of/beginning of the next season the worse I would expect is us starting with a 10 point deficit, for a team like us that shouldn't be a problem anyway.

tbf I'd accept one season of coming second (perhaps worse) if it meant control of Rangers was taken out of Murray and the banks hands. I know most wouldn't but there you go.

Fair enough, it's a perfectly valid POV. I'd always struggle to accept Rangers finishing anything other than first. This year in particular finishing first means (almost) certain CL next year. That is desperately needed money, whoever is in charge by then.