Scotland Today - Nacho gonna get . . .

BLUEDIGNITY

I WAS JUST TUCKING IN MY SHIRT

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

NACHO NOVO has denied mooning at Aberdeen fans - and claimed he was tucking his shirt in!

The Rangers star is at the centre of a double probe by cops and SFA chiefs after two Pittodrie flashpoints on Saturday.

But Novo said: "I did not intend to provoke anybody."

The Spaniard, 30, pulled down his shorts as he made his way off the pitch after Rangers' 1-0 defeat.

Then he fired a one-fingered gesture at baying Dons supporters.

But Novo offered a bizarre excuse for his behaviour on Spanish telly and claimed: "When the game ended a kid asked me for my shirt.

"I gave it to him and in order to rearrange the top I'd been wearing underneath, I lowered my shorts a bit." That is unlikely to cut any ice with SFA chiefs, though, who will consider images of the player's one-fingered salute in the next 48 hours and decide whether he is guilty of "improper conduct".

Celtic keeper Artur Boruc landed a £500 fine and severe warning last season after a similar gesture towards Gers fans at Parkhead.

Novo could now face a heavy fine and a reprimand - while Grampian Police inquiries are continuing into the post-match flashpoint. But Novo, who was sent off at Pittodrie 19 months ago, remains defiant.

Speaking on Spanish TV sports show El Dia Despues he said: "Giving away my shirt was a normal gesture. It was not a gesture of scorn to other fans in the ground.

"I didn't want to provoke anyone. People who know me would confirm that.

"People told me what has been written and it strikes me as a piece of nonsense."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...n-my-shirt.html

:lol: