Ki Sung-Yong

Moved to Celtic from FC Seoul for £2M

"I can pass, I can ran and I can shoot" (tu)

"I want to be like Steven Gerrard"

:rolleyes:

SOUTH KOREA international midfielder Ki Sung-yong claims he has clinched his "dream" move to Celtic.

The 20-year-old FC Seoul midfielder will link up with the Parkhead side in the January transfer window at the end of the K-League season, according to reports.

Local mediain Seoul claim the transfer fee to be around 3.5 million US dollars(s2.1million).

"I am so happy to achieve my dream of playing in Europe," Yonhap News Agency quoted Ki as saying.

The midfielder has scored three goals in 14 appearances for his national side and is regarded as one of South Korea's top prospects.

Celtic wanted to sign the player before the end of August but with Seoul leading the K-League and in the quarter-finals of the AsianChampions League, the club decided against a quick sale.

"I want to go to Europe after Seoul get a good result in the Asian Champions League," Ki added.

Seoul, who sold Lee Chung-yong to Bolton in July for a similar figure, were also pleased with the deal.

"In the beginning, there was talk of a transfer in August but itwas pushed to January because of our team's circumstances," FC Seoulgeneral manager Han Woong-soo said.

"Now it's a win-win for both clubs.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21630698/

he is Asias young player of the year and also speaks fluent english

would have taken him for us any time

Koreans have a hard work ethic, he will be a good addition for Tic

don't compare him to the japanese players

You do get awfuly worried when they sign or are linked with someone.

Simmer down even if hes good he aint no caravn mccourt :sherlock:

why not, Mizuno was last years Asian young player of the year :doh: therefore easy to compare

the only reason they sign these players is to build Speshul relations with the natives :pipe:

p.s are you having a dig at the japanese by saying they are lazy ?

why not, Mizuno was last years Asian young player of the year :doh: therefore easy to compare

the only reason they sign these players is to build Speshul relations with the natives :pipe:

no just different natured, korean guys tend to be tougher types....have been to Korea and Japan a few times in the past and took care of japanese students a lot on exchange programmes in Europe

and I am nervous that Celtic can go out and buy players where we can do nuffink, its bound to give them an edge as players will have to compete more for places in their team

Mopery probably didnt even have a say in signing him.

Mopery probably didnt even have a say in signing him.

i have absolutley no doubt about that , why sign a guy that has just completed a FULL season he is gonna need at least a month - 2 months out for recouperation etc . smacks of love me love me by the Celtic top Brass

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer...5575877,00.html

i will be honest he looks like a brilliant signing, and from what i have seen of him he is the real deal. sir alex was looking closely at him. 62 on scout report is amazing for a 20 year old. would be very excited if this was our signing. we shall see.....

another asian wonderkid. whatever happened to mizuno? We can slag celtic for signing players to sell shirts all we want but surely given out financial trouble we should be looking to up our profile over there as well?

I have a cousin who lives in Japan, and has seen the boy on a couple of occasions. Apparently hes actually a decent player...not two million pounds worth of decent, but will improve their squad which can only be bad news for us.

Koreans are brilliant at the technical side to the game, and apparently this boy has an awesome passing scope when hes on form.

Apparently hes also quite a shaky player when playing away from home...which suits us fine. Will probably struggle to adapt to SPL football, and become another Mizuno, Dong, Du Wei type player