Stevie Naismith

derekweir29

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know mcculloch gets a slagging at every opportunity same as Whittaker.

Stevie Naismith is shocking as well. Total waste of 2mill.

Just my opinion what is your thoughts on him?

Wouldn't go as far as saying he was a waste of 2 mil, but i would like to see more of an 'end' to his product.

If he satyed on his feet long enough to actually do something im sure he may well be alright. What is his Natural Position because WS has used him everywhere bar Defence which i can see coming.

Im sure he has got something to offer but just now he just isnt cutting it.

I rate him, but he is seriously out of form though.

Being a victim of getting played out of position hasn't helped either.

Thanks Walter. doh

Im sick to death of this playing out of position pish!!! You either have it or you don't.

Abysmal first touch, poor ball control, basic flaw of not being able to run with the ball unless he is looking at it hence the fact he runs into the opposition, now falls over because he jumps to avoid potential tackles.

He shone in very short bursts at Killie but does not have what it takes to play at the higher level of expectation.

Thanks Walter. doh

Im sick to death of this playing out of position pish!!! You either have it or you don't.

Playing a player out of position is acceptable if he excels in the role,eg Lovenkrands as a striker to utilize his pace.

Our guys are not cutting it out of position apart from Papac who has done a decent job at left-back considering he's a centre-back.

IMO that doesn't mean they haven't got it.

I know mcculloch gets a slagging at every opportunity same as Whittaker.

Stevie Naismith is shocking as well. Total waste of 2mill.

Just my opinion what is your thoughts on him?

Total agee 100% with you.

He is a total waste of money and really starting to annoy me everytime i see him play.

Thanks Walter. doh

I'm sick of seeing it.

Kyle Lafferty, Steven Naismith, Sasa Papac, Steven Davis, John Fleck, Nacho Novo, Jerome Rothen and Lee McCulloch all get played out of position. How are they going to progress if they are being told to play a position they are not suited to?

Thanks Walter. doh

Playing a player out of position is acceptable if he excels in the role,eg Lovenkrands as a striker to utilize his pace.

Our guys are not cutting it out of position apart from Papac who has done a decent job at left-back considering he's a centre-back.

Abysmal first touch, poor ball control, basic flaw of not being able to run with the ball unless he is looking at it hence the fact he runs into the opposition, now falls over because he jumps to avoid potential tackles.

Playing out of position is not an excuse for any of the above. I agree with Lafferty at left mid being ridiculous. However, naismith has been woeful recently and you simply c't blame that on position.

Thanks Walter. doh

Playing out of position is not an excuse for any of the above. I agree with Lafferty at left mid being ridiculous. However, naismith has been woeful recently and you simply c't blame that on position.

I agree he's been pants recently and i can't argue with what you've said regarding positioning being an excuse for poor touch etc.

I just think he looks a bit short of confidence and i don't believe you lose it overnight.

I think we have quite simply ruined him!

Maybe not totally and utterly but he is a striker who in all his games for us cant have played more than 5-10 games as a striker.

LM one week, RM the next...CM the week after that...

As much as im disappointed he hasnt done more after the promise he had shown at Kilmarnock i dont think hes had any favours from Smith and co...

Horribly off form right now and I think smith got it wrong playing him in central midfield last week, especially on this form. You saw the frustration the week before when he missed two sitters against killie, maybe all he needs is a few goals to get some confidence back…..

I still think he will make it at Ibrox…..

When he first came to Ibrox we were all led to believe he was a fair prospect but in fact he was really sh1t. Then he got the bad injury. Pre-season and at the start of the season he actually looked like the could be that decent prospect and giving him the benefit of the doubt I though he might be a big player for us this season. But in actually fact he IS sh1t. He has speed but no first touch and doesn't seem to know what he should be doing. Maybe that's down to the manager playing him all over the shop but franky he just doesn't do it for me, so the answer is NO, I don't rate him.