We need Maurice Edu back asap

I actually thought Thomson was not that bad today and amazingly McCulloch showed some nice touches. But the two of them together in CM is an accident waiting to happen.

They both end up far too far up the pitch and leave acres of space for the opposition to drive into.

We badly need a midfield ball winner McCulloch is fucking stinkin and should be playing left back (in the dressing room) not CM. We badly need Edu or someone who will get stuck in but not get careless with stupid tackles etc.

Yeah we need Edu and Davies in the centre of the midfield, as I thought both Thomson and McCulloch were invisable today, and did anyone notice McCulloch trying to jump on the corner for there goal. His feet never left the ground. Colin

Thought Thomson was pretty impressive today.

A performance to build on as he gets back to his best.

Edu will be in the same boat as Thomson when he gets back, he won't be anywhere near match fit (he missed all of pre-season) and will need to be eased back into action. If he is thrust back in, he'll struggle.

McCulloch was fucking hopeless today, just before the second goal he played 2 aimless headers in the midfield which led to a golden opportunity for Falkirk to equalise, and then was beaten in the air for the Falkirk goal

And apart from that and a shot i barely remember seeing him.

Thomson was a bit better but I think hes looking a bit slow

Edu will be in the same boat as Thomson when he gets back, he won't be anywhere near match fit (he missed all of pre-season) and will need to be eased back into action. If he is thrust back in, he'll struggle.

Will still be head and shoulders above McCulloch in midfield.

Will still be head and shoulders above McCulloch in midfield.

Totally agree, but I wouldn't be thrusting him straight into the team as soon as he's ready to play.

edu the destroyer. he breaks up play so well. it pisses me off that so many of our decent players are always fukin long term injured. y cudnt mcculloch be injured instead of edu/mendes. not that i wish injury on any1 but u get wat i mean

Deja vu? I remember hearing the same thing when Thompson was out, oh how when he came back everything would be great. Then with Lafferty.

:rolleyes:

the difference is though that edu looked like he could actually read the game

we had 2 defensive mids yesterday and falkirk STILL cut us open through the middle

Deja vu? I remember hearing the same thing when Thompson was out, oh how when he came back everything would be great. Then with Lafferty.

we had 2 defensive mids yesterday and falkirk STILL cut us open through the middle

I'm just saying that i see a pattern emerging.

Don''t see the difference at all, players are always perceived better when they are not playing.... Thomson had an awesome start to last season then got injured and everyone spent the rest of the season saying how badly we needed him back and "that when he comes back everything will be fine, he has never been on the losing side against Celtic, he was the driving force behind our unbeaten start to the season and we need him back ASAP"

Its exactly the same now with Edu, the guy had a good wee spell before getting a serious career threatening injury and to expect him to come back in to our side and change our fortunes is folly... Full training for about 3 weeks followed by 2 months of match practice and then we will see if he can become a player.... long way off yet

get thompson out of the team immediately he starts off great for 10 mins disappears for 35 then second half hes invisible

never seen a guy so unfit average opposition midfielders skip past him boogie was our best midfielder he showed these 4 in midfield

what a midfielder does runs at people and commits defenders

where will the service to the strikers come from if it is Thomson and Edu in midfield? it should be one or the other when Edu is fit

with our current striking options, i believe that our best service options should be from the flanks

our strike force isnt the best when we go through the middle, but as we proved yesterday, going down the flanks is our greatest threat

what edu hopefully will bring is more athleticity to the centre of midfield, thomson and mcculloch are too slow and cumbersome the now, more athletic players are easily beating them game after game