Beasley wants to quit Gers

bombaybadboy08

real shame, i had high hopes for him but he never really lived up to his reputation. We better get some money for him though, i am sick of us letting players go for nothing then paying over the odds for players ourselves.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do people say hes hopeless when hes never played 2 or even 3 games in a row

hes in the same class as mcculloch thomson whittaker average players playing in a poor

league but they get a game every week and dont improve

No great loss, let's hope this is the start of a clean out. :sherlock:

(tu) Why we paid money for a player PSV wanted off their books, after loaning him out to Man City, where he failed to break through in one of the worst Man City teams for years, is a disgrace.

A winger who refuses to take opponents on is not a winger and with Walter prefering more defensively inclined midfielders it is a mystery to me why we bought him.

dont want to see him leave i feel he has a lot more to offer the club he has just been injury prone and when fit not given the chance to show what he has got. he looked sharp against falkirk when he came on and nobody should get a look in at lm in front of him imo

I thought Beasley looked really sharp when he came on at the weekend. My criticism of him is that he isn't direct enough, a player with his attributes should by bombing to the by-line, taking on defenders and swing the ball in. Maybe it's a confidence thing, but he has never done it.

He seemed more willing to have a go at the full-back when he came on, and he does have a decent delivery of the ball.

He also done something which I don't think any of us have seen him do before, put his head in where it hurts. He took a boot twice, once for the penalty and once shortly before to win a free kick which Thomson hit just over. The Beasley I thought we had would have ran a mile at the thought of taking a sore one.

Maybe with our lack of options in the department and with the world cup coming up - something which has has to impress in order to make - it would be worth hanging onto Beasley, certainly if he shows the desire he did against Falkirk.

No great loss, let's hope this is the start of a clean out. :sherlock:

(tu) Why we paid money for a player PSV wanted off their books, after loaning him out to Man City, where he failed to break through in one of the worst Man City teams for years, is a disgrace.

A winger who refuses to take opponents on is not a winger and with Walter prefering more defensively inclined midfielders it is a mystery to me why we bought him.

I said at the time he signed he had been crap for City. He has lost a yard or two of pace and he lacks the strength or skill to make up for the loss, what's the point of a winger who can't beat his man?

He's also been far too injury prone, though that's hardly his fault. Let him go in January and if we can get any money for him, great, if not some money off the wage bill combined with punting Rothen back to PSG might allow us fund another loan or bosman move.

Dont blame him i still belive he is a footballer and unfortunately for him he comes up against the Ross tokelys and Simon Mensings of this world. Guys who just want to kick him of the park rather than try to match him defensively. I reckon he would shine alot more in a better league

Play well enough and you will be in the team. If you don't you won't be. Simples.

sorry but that's the biggest pile of shite that i have ever heard in my entire life.

so your saying whittaker, mcculoch and lafferty are playing well? god help us if thats the best we got. <cr>

When we signed him at first I thought he was going to be brilliant, never really happened far too lightweight. Bit of a shame though. If we cant get money for him at least it will be money off the wage bill.

I can't fathom the logic of those who maintain we should keep him.

Based on what.....exactly? <cr>

Even though I think he should go, I would maintain he's a better option on the wing than Lafferty/McCulloch/Stevie Smith

I can't fathom the logic of those who maintain we should keep him.

Based on what.....exactly? <cr>

based on the fact he never gets a run in the team if he played 5 games in arow and was poor fair enough get rid of him

but how can u judge him on 5 mins here 10 mins there

DMB has shown poorly for Rangers, often been inconsistent, and suffered a career threatening injury just as he was hitting his stride with the club. Since then he has never had a consistent run in the team, and only had a few bright appearances in the last 12 months. He practically won the Scottish cup final on his own in 2008, and then hasn't much action since then at all due to injury and loss of form. Recently he looked great against Falkirk- and should probably start against Sevilla.

The best thing for Beasley is to head to a league where proper football is actually played. He is not built for a league officiated like the SPL happens to be in this day and age. Spain and Holland would be the best fit for him. As he pointed out, he's not unhappy at the club generally, he just wants an opportunity to play more often. And star American players will often put the national team as a higher priority then players from other countries. Competing in international tournaments for the U.S. MNT is where U.S. players are more likely to gain recognition in America, not club teams as in Europe. So be prepared for that with Edu as well.

Beasley has a chance to finish with over a century of caps for his country, and to have played in three World Cups. Is there any other player in Rangers squad now who has even played in a World Cup finals tournament? A Beasley with confidence is much different proposition than what Rangers fans have observed, but its probably best for both parties to part ways in January. But consistently seeing Steven Naismith and Kyle Lafferty playing at LW should be enough to discourage any Gers fan...