Our under 19s draw with Sevilla's under 19s

Boab

RANGERS' under-19s got the chance to show off their skills on foreign soil this afternoon when they took on Sevilla's youths at their fantastic training facility.

Based on the outskirts of the city the complex boasts seven full size pitches and a mini stadium which is used by the first-team on a daily basis.

Billy Kirkwood's kids travelled to Spain yesterday and watched the Gers' first-team train in the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium last night.

Today's game started at 12noon and with temperatures soaring it was always going to be a test for the Murray Park starlets.

But they acquited themselves superbly and when defender Chris Scott scored with a bullet header from a Gregg Wylde corner before half-time it looked as though the Light Blues were on their way to a memorable victory.

Sevilla, however, showed their class throughout the 90 minutes and their equaliser came midway through the second period.

Nevertheless this was a hugely worthwhile exercise for both teams and Kirkwood believes that travelling to Spain has been an eye opener for his players.

He said: "I think it's great that our lads have had the opportunity to come across here to this terrific training facility and take on a very good team in Sevilla.

"To get a draw was pleasing and it was no more than we deserved on the day.

"I thought we were disciplined and when Chris scored we hoped that could hold on to the lead.

"But the scoreline at the end was a fair reflection of the 90 minutes and it was a good contest.

Archie Campbell plays against Sevilla"Hopefully this is something we can do more and more when Rangers' first-team are involved in the Champions League or the Europa League.

"It is so vital for young players to face teams from different countries and see how styles of play differs to back home and how they themselves cope with the conditions.

"It was very hot out there today but we handled that and the rolling subs helped.

"But overall I would just like to thank Sevilla for inviting us over here, it's been a hugely memorable experience for everyone."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1900085

Great news for the Rangers, a bit of pride restored regardless of tonight.

RANGERS' under-19s got the chance to show off their skills on foreign soil this afternoon when they took on Sevilla's youths at their fantastic training facility.

Based on the outskirts of the city the complex boasts seven full size pitches and a mini stadium which is used by the first-team on a daily basis.

Billy Kirkwood's kids travelled to Spain yesterday and watched the Gers' first-team train in the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium last night.

Today's game started at 12noon and with temperatures soaring it was always going to be a test for the Murray Park starlets.

But they acquited themselves superbly and when defender Chris Scott scored with a bullet header from a Gregg Wylde corner before half-time it looked as though the Light Blues were on their way to a memorable victory.

Sevilla, however, showed their class throughout the 90 minutes and their equaliser came midway through the second period.

Nevertheless this was a hugely worthwhile exercise for both teams and Kirkwood believes that travelling to Spain has been an eye opener for his players.

He said: "I think it's great that our lads have had the opportunity to come across here to this terrific training facility and take on a very good team in Sevilla.

"To get a draw was pleasing and it was no more than we deserved on the day.

"I thought we were disciplined and when Chris scored we hoped that could hold on to the lead.

"But the scoreline at the end was a fair reflection of the 90 minutes and it was a good contest.

Archie Campbell plays against Sevilla"Hopefully this is something we can do more and more when Rangers' first-team are involved in the Champions League or the Europa League.

"It is so vital for young players to face teams from different countries and see how styles of play differs to back home and how they themselves cope with the conditions.

"It was very hot out there today but we handled that and the rolling subs helped.

"But overall I would just like to thank Sevilla for inviting us over here, it's been a hugely memorable experience for everyone."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1900085

Great news for the Rangers, a bit of pride restored regardless of tonight.

I'm shocked we haven't been doing this for a while, great to see our under 19's getting a result hopefully we are scouting as well as playing (tu)

Any idea on the the under 19's starting 11 today?

Was said when we played the Stuttgart youngsters that this was a brilliant idea, and I think it would be good if UEFA actually integrated this into the European competitions and actually have a proper young guns tournament.

Or even the Under 19s of each CL team play each officially like a Euro youth league?

Was said when we played the Stuttgart youngsters that this was a brilliant idea, and I think it would be good if UEFA actually integrated this into the European competitions and actually have a proper young guns tournament.

Or even the Under 19s of each CL team play each officially like a Euro youth league?

I was thinking of having it in the CL and the Europa cup to give all players that sort of experience/opportunity.

This is a great forward-thinking idea.

Some of those boys might be playing at Champions League level sooner than they think.

Playing against foreign sides, and even seeing how the first team prepare for a big game, must be a great education for them.

And great to see they acquitted themselves well, too.

Well done all round. :spraise:

I asume this came from the official site.

Boab how do manage to copy and paste articles from there?

If you use Firefox it's easy (tu)

Maybe he uses internet explorer big man (tu)