Should we play with wingers every week?

georgem041289

Rangers have always played with wingers up until the last 2 or 3 years. When we play with wingers we are successful and are in amongst the trophies. Before Beasly, Chris Burke was used very sparingly, and to be honest he wasn't much of a winger. I have watched some great wingers like Henderson Wilson Johston McLean Cooper Walters and the best Laudrup. Just think how many goals Boydie would have with any one of these guys supplying crosses into the box.

No, flood the midfield with central midfielders, and play strikers out wide - it's the way to play you know ;)

Fucking right we should be, EVERY week!

who would you suggest playing out wide if dmb is indeed away in jan.fleck,naismith and novo are all far too inconcistent

No, flood the midfield with central midfielders, and play strikers out wide - it's the way to play you know ;)

Fucking right we should be, EVERY week!

who would you suggest playing out wide if dmb is indeed away in jan.fleck,naismith and novo are all far too inconcistent

I'd give Rothen a chance, or resort to a 4-3-3. We will have Edu, and Mendes back, so we can play about.

Unfortunatley we don't have the quality we require. Lafferty, Fleck, Novo, Naismith, Rothen....are not wingers! Gregg Wylde, IMO, is a better left sided midfielder/winger than left back, so he could be an option as he is quick, athletic, has good distribution, can beat a man, and has a very decent delivery!

Apart from that, I'm lost.

Rangers have always played with wingers up until the last 2 or 3 years. When we play with wingers we are successful and are in amongst the trophies. Before Beasly, Chris Burke was used very sparingly, and to be honest he wasn't much of a winger. I have watched some great wingers like Henderson Wilson Johston McLean Cooper Walters and the best Laudrup. Just think how many goals Boydie would have with any one of these guys supplying crosses into the box.

Like this man said. Ibrox - THE home of the winger.

playing Beasley & Novo was the best decision Smith made today, however the worst he made was to play Beasley on the right and Novo on the left

meant that both where having to cut insode to their stronger foot every time when ideally they should be beating a man and getting to the by line