2nd Consecutive clean sheet

jamiethebutcher

Further evidence as to why I think Neil Alexander should be our no.1 goalkeeper. I think the defence feels so much more comfortable with him when defending set-pieces. He's a nicer bloke than McGregor and the younger players in the team appreciate that especially.

Well done tonight Rangers. Convincing and comfortable.

Further evidence as to why I think Neil Alexander should be our no.1 goalkeeper. I think the defence feels so much more comfortable with him when defending set-pieces. He's a nicer bloke than McGregor and the younger players in the team appreciate that especially.

:clap:

:anguish:

When you're team mates are spoken to in a decent manner they are more relaxed on the pitch. I'm not surprised if you haven't noticed it as you're probably more interested in the occasional "wonder save". Look out for it when McGregor comes back into the side.

Guest The Brown Brogue

When you're team mates are spoken to in a decent manner they are more relaxed on the pitch. I'm not surprised if you haven't noticed it as you're probably more interested in the occasional "wonder save". Look out for it when McGregor comes back into the side.

I agree with your point re. communication, you saw it countless times tonight where Alexander would be out talking to his defence rather than screaming at them, think the defence themselves feel more comfortable at set-pieces as they know that Alexander is going to come, and his distribution is far superior to McGregors which helped us a number of times with quick breaks and keeping the bal up front.

All in all I'd say we are very lucky to have two very god goalkeepers in our squad.

McGregor has hardly been bad, considering he has only conceded 9 goals in 13 games, with a constantly changing Central defence.

IMO McGregor is the better all-round keeper, and I fully expect him to be put back in when he's fit.

Dropping McGregor would be unfair cuirrently, but i still think Alexander is as good if not better. If McGregor's injury is quite long term and goes on into the Celtic game then it would be yet another kick in the teeth for Alexander when he gets dropped again, assuming he plays as well as he did the last two times.

Shagger doesn't do "clean sheets".

Alexanders a fine keeper and there's not much in it between the 2. I'd say McGregors slighlty the better of the 2 and can pull off more spectacular saves but i feel safe with any of the 2 in goals.

Guest SandyWaTp

Shagger doesn't do "clean sheets".

:lol::praise: