The confidence of a strong back line.

Bazza

I know all the forward thinking players are taking the plaudits tonight and rightly so. It was good to see the team attack with the pace and insurgency that they did.

However I do believe that a lot of credit has to go to the back four, who for the first time in a while, looked rock solid. The occasional set piece gave us a bit of bother, what team doesn't, but all in all that solidity allowed the attacking players the confidence to push on and get the goals.

Having Broadfoot back in their seems to have really changed the outlook of the whole team. When Whittaker was playing, Water looked to him and Papac to really push on and keep two holding midfielders in place as security. Now, The back four are being asked to do what they do best and defend and allow the rest of the team to do their jobs.

Great performance guys, The bears are the happier tonight for your work.

I agree, Big Kirk is looking really comfortable, and allows wee Beasley to push forward. I just worry that Beasley is going to get battered one of these days as he looks very fragile.. at least we are not playing the sheep for a while.

Your back four should be solid, and able to defend, first and foremost. Now Broadfoot might not be the best, but he's a hell of a lot better than Steven Whittaker. No suprise that since he's come in, we have looked solid at the back, we've not been cut open down our right side, players are not getting gragged out of position to cover for the wayward Whittaker, and we have kept two clean sheets on the bounce.

Broadfoot also has a brain, and know's when to get forward, and offer support. He also has a decent bit of positional sense, and has a concentration span better than that of a 3 year old, like Whittaker.

I think a lot of praise has to go to Beasley and Novo who have helped out when needed, and their communication with the full backs is a lot better.

The occassional set piece gave us a few problems, but it's something Dundee United are good at.

Broadfoot has steadied the back four and so far has not made the mistakes Whittaker was guilty of, and Alexander has come in and made us all forget about Shagger, by the way did anyone see Neil giving it to Boogie tonight after a Dundee corner