Ronaldo and Rangers/Murray

stephenrfcno1

Hullo Hullo

Was talking to my brother tonight, he is trying to make me out a as a "lier"

Any one remember the rumour going about in 99/00 when apparently Rangers where tabling a £50 million deal for Ronaldo (the fat one)?

Ronalo , lier :rolleyes:

Hullo Hullo

Was talking to my brother tonight, he is trying to make me out a as a "lier"

Any one remember the rumour going about in 99/00 when apparently Rangers where tabling a £50 million deal for Ronaldo (the fat one)?

Don't remember any rumour like that!

From what I remember we had a bid of £23m IIRC (could have been overall transfer value wages etc not sure) accepted from PSV but he went to Barcelona instead, it was at the beginning of the 9IAR season. Ronaldo did come out in an interview later and said that if Advocaat had been in charge then he probably would have signed.

I found an article saying he had rejected £136k a week wages from us and that David Murray was prepared to outbid the world to land any player the manager wanted... wouldnt let me read the rest without paying though :anguish:

Rangers have made one of the most sensational bids in football transfer history by offering pounds 37m for the Brazilian superstar Ronaldo. Giovanni Branchini, agent for the 20-year-old Barcelona striker, said he was shocked by the offer but insisted Ronaldo would still be heading for Internazionale. According to Branchini, the Rangers chairman David Murray sent the striker a fax on Thursday outlining the deal, which includes pounds 20m ...

Article ends there. :(