Portsmouth's loss is Spurs gain

bluenose_72

Redknapp, Crouch, Defoe and Kranjcar have all been nabbed from Portsmouth by Tottenham.

And what a difference all 4 have made to that Spurs side!

Your not kiddin, I never thought Kranjcar would be as good as he is.

Kranjcar for about £2m is one of the deals of the century.

I'd go as far as to say that the guy is up there with Xavi, Iniesta and Alonso as the best passer of a football in Europe. He is absolutely breathtaking at times.

I'd go as far as to say that the guy is up there with Xavi, Iniesta and Alonso as the best passer of a football in Europe. He is absolutely breathtaking at times.

easy tiger.

It was great business by Spurs taking advantage of Pompey's financial woes. Like the commentator said after his 2nd goal, if Modric wants a place in that Spurs side, he isn't going to be taking Kranjcar's spot.

easy tiger.

Not at all mate, I fully stand by that statement.

I've been saying it for years.

He's not as good all-round as those three, but watch him passing the ball next time he's on for 90 minutes. It doesn't matter what height the balls at, how far away or at what angle his target is, it almost always finds the target.

Guest SandyWaTp
Niko Kranjcar is absolutely phenomenal. For £2M pounds i highly doubt you could buy a better player in football.

Fantastic piece of business by Spurs and conversely an abismal piece of business by Pompey.

His contract was running out .

It was either sell him for some money , or let him leave for free.

easy tiger.

He's not as good all-round as those three, but watch him passing the ball next time he's on for 90 minutes. It doesn't matter what height the balls at, how far away or at what angle his target is, it almost always finds the target.

TBH Kranjcar has never really stood out for me any time i've watched him. But TBH i've not watched an awfull lot of him to comment.

easy tiger.

TBH Kranjcar has never really stood out for me any time i've watched him. But TBH i've not watched an awfull lot of him to comment.

:lol:

Even with his contract being up at the end of the season, it was a fucking bargain.

Niko Kranjcar is absolutely phenomenal. For £2M pounds i highly doubt you could buy a better player in football.

Fantastic piece of business by Spurs and conversely an abismal piece of business by Pompey.

Even taking that into consideration, Pompey should have been looking for more. They were far too eager to just get money in for players rather than assessing what their true worth was.

Guest SandyWaTp

Even taking that into consideration, Pompey should have been looking for more. They were far too eager to just get money in for players rather than assessing what their true worth was.

Maybe no interest was shown apart from Kranjcar.

Therefore they had to sell him for whatever money they could get.

Still a bargain nonetheless!

Huddlestone's passing was a joy last night aswell.

Kranjcar for £2m is the best deal in my time anyway, the fact that Modric isn't sure he'll get back in the side, is credit to Kranjcar's performances.

Guest SandyWaTp
Huddlestone's passing was a joy last night aswell.

Kranjcar for £2m is the best deal in my time anyway, the fact that Modric isn't sure he'll get back in the side, is credit to Kranjcar's performances.

Modric will find a way back in, im sure.

You could say it's Pompey's loss, but the fact is they had the sixth highest wage bill in the Premiership with that great squad.

That's why they're in deep financial shit at the moment.

And Spurs profited from that.

Was about to say well said until I read the 2nd line :lol:

Tom Huddlestone is one of the most underrated players in Europe. He should be going to South Africa with the England squad!

As fore Niko Kranjcar - I never knew Spurs got him for £2m, what a bit of buisness that is :clap: Cracking player, who is still only 25. A player who moved to Britain from Hajduk for less than what we paid for Lafferty, and that on the back of a good World Cup. Another example that quality is out there, if you take the time, and effort to find it!